METALLICA: Recapturing The Heavy Metal Throne

loudsilence

Empty
Nov 8, 2001
Albuquerque, New Mexico
METALLICA have firmly re-established their footing and recaptured the heavy metal throne at a time when bone-crunching rock is becoming stagnant, according to MTV.com writer Jon Wiederhorn, who has written a lengthy "St. Anger" album preview under the headline "Damage Inc. Is Back In Business". "Gone are the radio ballads, straightforward rock anthems, string-laden exorcisms and alternative experiments that many fans felt bogged down the band's music in recent years," he writes. "On 'St. Anger', the band resurrects the primal power, musical self-indulgence, whiplash-inducing tempos and red-eyed rage of their first three albums, 1983's 'Kill 'Em All', 1984's 'Ride the Lightning' and 1986's 'Master of Puppets'."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1471290/20030415/metallica.jhtml?headlines=true

hehe this situation is SO ironic, I can't believe Metallica are going backwards :rolleyes:. Well, I doubt they are making all this buzz for nothing... but I won't believe those statements until I hear it.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
hehe this situation is SO ironic, I can't beleive Metallica are going backwards :rolleyes:. Well, I doubt they are making all this buzz for nothing... but I won't beleive those statements until I hear it.

Yeah I like to post all these things on the new album cause it stirs your curiosity. But like you said we have to wait till we actually hear it.

I love how Metallica are finally doing what everyone's been begging them to do for twelve years, and now people are saying "It's gonna suck!" anyway.

I'm going to treat it like I would any other album...try to find it cheap, buy it used if I can't, and form my own opinion.

With St. Anger, Metallica have firmly re-established their footing and recaptured the heavy metal throne at a time when bone-crunching rock is becoming stagnant. All 11 songs on St. Anger are brutal and uncompromising, featuring double-bass drumming and hardcore blast beats, roaring blowtorch guitars and multiple rhythm and tempo shifts. Most are at least seven minutes long; right when you think the guys are building up to a climax, they shift into a completely new rhythm. Not one track features a guitar solo, yet there's no lack of dizzying sonic firepower.

St.Anger would be a nu-metal album
confused.gif

No solos Kirk Hammett would be drastically reduced to a simple nu-metallish noiser ?

THEY SAME SHIT WAS HEARD BEFORE THE BLACK...LOAD..AND RE-LOAD CD'S...AND GUESS WHAT....

THEY ALL SUCKED!!!!!!!

DON'T BUY INTO THE HYPE. I GUARANTEE IT'S NOTHING LIKE THEIR FIRST FDOUR CD'S!

JAMES WELL BE USING HIS "HEY HEY HEY" VOICE AND ALL THAT GAY ASS BOB ROCK INFLUENCED SHIT!!!!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR EVEN POSTING THIS CRAPP!!!

Dirt Junior said:
THEY SAME SHIT WAS HEARD BEFORE THE BLACK...LOAD..AND RE-LOAD CD'S...AND GUESS WHAT....

THEY ALL SUCKED!!!!!!!

DON'T BUY INTO THE HYPE. I GUARANTEE IT'S NOTHING LIKE THEIR FIRST FDOUR CD'S!

JAMES WELL BE USING HIS "HEY HEY HEY" VOICE AND ALL THAT GAY ASS BOB ROCK INFLUENCED SHIT!!!!

YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR EVEN POSTING THIS CRAPP!!!

Shit anyone can guarantee that's it's not gonna be like the first four albums. Anyway this is for those people who are interested in hearing reviews or whatever about the new album, of course we will all form our opinions when we hear it ourselves. It wasn't for the people who hate Metallica and not care about them anymore. But yet these same people take the time to tell everyone it's gonna suck. When I dont' care for something or don't like it, I leave it alone, I don't waste my time saying over and over how much I dislike something.

Regardless Of You Posting News..everyone Here Knows Metallica Died After 1988..i'm Tired Of Hearing The Same Shit For Over Ten Years Now!

They Have Dissapointed Us Time And Time Again..so Why Change Now!

it's Gonna Suck!!!!!!!

Don't get mad at dirt guys. He's just up set coz he finally realized what everyone else has been saying about the release of every machine album since their debut:

IT' GONNA SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recapturing the heavy metal throne? Highly doubtful...I'll believe it when I hear it. BUT one good cd doesn't automatically wipe the slate clean..there's 3 real crappy pieces of work the overcome..before the "throne" as you put it can be theirs again...IMO...

By the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! its time for testament to finally get the metal throne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the new cd must the big piece of metal and then Testament rules the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump: teh throne is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump:

Don't get mad at dirt guys. He's just up set coz he finally realized what everyone else has been saying about the release of every machine album since their debut:

IT' GONNA SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: :tickled: SO TRUE..SO TRUE!!!

Ok i pretty fukcing sure that the album will not compare at all to the first 4 obvioulsy, please shut the fuck up. That is really just pointless and childish.

No matter what the new Metallica album sounds like, I look forward to downloading the whole thing through file sharing apps like "napster" and then sharing the album on my server for the whole world to pass around. Fuck Alternnica!

Who knows what the album will sound like. Better nu metal than the cock rock they've been spitting out for the last ten years though.

It's funny that whenever Metallica members like Lars Ulrich are asked about Dave Mustaine and Megadeth they always say the same thing, "Dave is very talented, he just needs to take more risks in his music." Metallica always act like they are so superior to Megadeth - as if album sales were an accurate measure of musical quality and talent. Well then, whadaya fuckin know, Megadeth releases "The World Needs a Hero" and it sells pretty well because it sounds like their old shit recorded with 21st century studio production quality. It appears Metallica is now chasing Megadeth.

LMFAO@ thebigyetti and Steiner!!!! OMG!!! You guys are too funny!

Hey Steiner...The World Needs A Hero sucked major ass...it was right up there with Load (of shit) and re-load (of more shit)...:ill: