Metallica - St. Anger (Album)

these reviews are hilaroius especially that really long one. how the hell do you write something that long about one crappy album, i couldnt even read it all the way thru without giving up how the hell do you write something like that?

ill just say this the album sounds like they tried way too hard to sound angry. i couldnt get past lars's use of of what sounds like those jamaican pan drums you see people on the beach singing swahili to while while changing guitars for no damn reason. forget heaviness or recording quality; the most annoying thing is when a band gets on stage and plays a song and then the guitarists and the bassist walk off stange and plug in different guitars and play anothing song and then after they walk off stage again after the second song and are plugging in a third set of guitars you realize that the last song sounded exactly like the first one, why the hell do they need to keep changing guitars for?
such is the case with the st anger dvd

Yeah. They DO sound like steel pan drums.

Being beaten with a judge's gavel and a wooden baseball bat.

I don't understand the concept of this album. I mean, what the hell does Metallica have to be so angry about anyway. They have made millions of dollars writing crappy songs that a deaf amputee would not waste their time with, they have travelled and played the whole world, they pretty much defined an entire genre of music, and they could have all the pussy, drugs, booze they want for nothing. I think the only reason they should be angry is that they have everything at their fingertips (studio, money, fans) but the one thing want to do (have the ability to write good songs) completely evades them. I mean, how could you not be angry when all you can come up with is shit like st. anger? :yell:

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Metallica win Best Metal album in the grammy's for St. Anger? lol .. it shows how much BS the grammy's are.. its all a popularity contest... Metallica winning this grammy reminded me of the time Metallica lost to Jethro Tull LOL ... neither one deserved the Grammy then or now... as for Kirk stealing Mustaine's solos..that is so untrue... Kirk back then in the Ride/Master era was a "modal" player... Mustaine is more of a Pentatonic soloist then he ever was Modal.. thats why he had Marty Friedman etc.. in Megadeth.. to play the modal stuff that he himself couldnt really play... remember Kirk was a student of Joe Satriani and it showed in his playing from Kill Em All to Ride the Lightning his change in his solos... he went from Pentatonic (by the way this is why people thought he stole Mustaine's solos which he didnt. he just used the same scales.. for you that arent guitar players) to Modal in Ride the Lightning ... if im wrong im wrong but i seldom am... hehe

THIS ALBUM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want the old metallica back they used to be so bad ass. they promised this was suposed to be like the old shit, its an embarasment to there legend is this how great have fallen? to quote the black album "sad but true"

This album is worse than garbage. Megadeth's Risk is a medikit to this. This is as for my opinion: WORST ALBUM EVER. Fuck Metallica. Thanks to this album, I stopped listening to this crappy band. Will someone please shoot Lar$ and Gaymz. :yell: :cry:

Deron, please move this to GMD so I can have the pleasure of locking it with a retort akin to 'shut the fuck up you boring redundant retards'.

let´s face it! metallica is not what they used to be!! :erk:

some people call "st anger" heavy, come on, it sounds terrible!! i like metallica a lot!! but "st anger" was totally the opposite of what i was expecting it to be!

hail KEA, master, RTL and AJFA....and maybe the Black album... but for those who really like metallica, we can only wait for a miracle for them to go back to what they were before! YES only a MIRACLE would do it!

(i know it´s a really late review, but i´m new, and since i like metallica so much, i felt i may give my opinion)