Metallica sues Cannibal Corpse

B

Brian Slagel

Press Release from Metal Blade Records, 3-21-02

Cannibal Corpse is being sued by soft-rockers metallica, due to their inclusion of the hidden track "no remorse" on their most recent album, "gore obsessed." A 5 million dollar lawsuit could cripple the band financially.

Metal Blade had been in negotiation with Elektra Records for a royalty rate for the use of the song. But Metallica was not pleased with the amount offered. The CD was ready for release prior to the negotiations being finished, and the band wanted it released as soon as possible, opting to make the song a hidden track so it wouldnt be such a "big deal" and a royalty rate would still be in the works.

Future repressings of this album will not include "No Remorse."

I renew my request for the goddamn asshole band to fuckin DIE ALREADY!!!!

Holy fuckin shit! What money-hungry cocksuckers!!!!

I hope they fuckin' die!!! Shoulda traded bunks with Cliff, Lars!!!

why the fuck do these assholes need more god damned money? they're bullshi is barely even fucking justified anymore. well it is, but its such bullshit. why would they surefor so damn much too? like thpost said, it would financially cripple the band. that would suck. do they really want to ruin one of the original and pioneering death metal bands? apparantly, because they are fucking wastes of god damned space!

..And i think it's a bit ironic that CC were honouring metallica by covering one of their songs... and then Metallica go and fuck them in the ass.

Go figure.

JESUS H TAP-DANCIN' CHRIST!!! What total fucking assholes! I can't believe that shit man. Metallica currently embodies all that is wrong with american soceity today. Sell your soul, kiss the right ass and up you'll go. Then, when u get there, abuse your power in every way possible. They're even sue-crazy like half the morons in this fuckin' country. DAMNIT metallica, eat my ass.

:mad: :mad: Metallica :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by QuothTheRaven
Metallica currently embodies all that is wrong with american soceity today. Sell your soul, kiss the right ass and up you'll go. Then, when u get there, abuse your power in every way possible.

:lol:
you know what i find funny and sad. metallica claims there next album will be different and heavier then the last couple. lets see here.......nu-metal is different then metallicas last couple. nu-metal is heavy-ish in its shitty, easy, crap distortion kind of way. sounds like a set up for failure!!! and then don't forget the Ja Rule(some fagot rapper) guest appearance! oh yah! :headbang: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ecstatic Youth

:lol:
you know what i find funny and sad. metallica claims there next album will be different and heavier then the last couple. lets see here.......nu-metal is different then metallicas last couple. nu-metal is heavy-ish in its shitty, easy, crap distortion kind of way. sounds like a set up for failure!!! and then don't forget the Ja Rule(some fagot rapper) guest appearance! oh yah! :headbang: :rolleyes:

The only way those faggots will ever be heavy again is if they tie anvils to their ball sacs...which, come to think of it, isn't a bad idea if they're on a fuckin bridge!

Make the bridge in Sweden so Cliff's ghost can drag them down!

You know, I'm a really big Metallica fan, but this is getting way out of hand. These motherfuckers are so god damn money-hungry, its not even funny. I will still listen to their old shit, but I have lost so much fucking respect for them, especially Lars.

Fuck you, Lars

Originally posted by Brian Slagel
Press Release from Metal Blade Records, 3-21-02

Cannibal Corpse is being sued by soft-rockers metallica, due to their inclusion of the hidden track "no remorse" on their most recent album, "gore obsessed." A 5 million dollar lawsuit could cripple the band financially.

Metal Blade had been in negotiation with Elektra Records for a royalty rate for the use of the song. But Metallica was not pleased with the amount offered. The CD was ready for release prior to the negotiations being finished, and the band wanted it released as soon as possible, opting to make the song a hidden track so it wouldnt be such a "big deal" and a royalty rate would still be in the works.

Future repressings of this album will not include "No Remorse."

:lol: This can't be true!

My haevy metal fascination started from Metallica's "Master of...",
and the "Ride the Lightning" - what an album. I was really disappointed with their "Load" and "Reload" shit, and the following ones. But I kept talking to myself that maybe the guys thought " hey , we did are job, now it's time to earn some money", but this is just... I can't undrerstand... why do they want to earn money by the destruction of others... is their greed that much? if it is so I hope that some day they will suffer the same what their victims, and they'll find out what real pain is. I hope that money will be the cause of their end ( i mean for good).
Metallica no more!!!

Disappointed... again.

Originally posted by Disappointed no more(will?)...

Disappointed... again.

Press Release from Century Media Records 3-22-02: Nevermore breaks up

Do you believe it just because it was typed on a message board?? Do some digging before believing everything you read.

we got some stupid assholes on this board dont we? dont believe everything you read, if you read that Jeff Loomis replaces Kirk Hammett in Metallica, ud probably belive it if its labeled PRESS RELEASE, Metallica still fucking rules

This story is bologna. First of all, under the US Copyright Act, bands are permitted to cover other bands' songs as long as they don't materially alter the lyrics. In return, the original band gets paid a set royalty fee established by the Act. The CC cover of No Remorse seems to have the same lyrics as far as I can tell. Thus there would be no dispute, as CC would just pay a set royalty fee...it is a compulsory license. Metallica can't stop the cover song unless the lyrics are materially different (likein the case of Megadeth - These Boots for instance). Metallica would never sue cause both they and their lawyers know of the rules (they would lose the suit on its face). Nevermore paid a compulsory fee to Simon & Garfunkel for Sound of Silence in all probabilities, as the lyrics were unaltered for the most part.

Metallica Sucks Horse Cock (also known as Metallica Sucks Cock) posted this garbage on the Pantera boards earlier....I wonder if this anonymous poster is the same IDIOT? hmmmm......

As Wallet Boy noted...Don't believe everything you read......

DavE