metallica sues cannibal corpse

anthrax has coverd quite a few songs themselves, antisocial, got the time, sabbath bloody sabbath, to name a few. I dont' think they'd have a problem with anyone covering them. I think they'd like it actually.

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Who originally did Anti-Social? I thought it was an Anthrax original?! :confused:

A band called Trust from France. They also wrote "Sects." There is a live version of "Antisocial" by Anthrax with the singer from Trust. There is also a French version where Joey sings the first verse, the singer from Trust sings the second, and they sing the last verse (which is a repeat of the first) together.

I just got the new CC. No Remose KICKS ASS!!! The rest is great too, if you like their last couple of Albums you won't be disapointed. Even if you can't stand Corpse you should at least give NR
a listen.

Originally posted by bRaTpRiNcEsS
Justin knows wat too much about everything...

I think the drummer of Trust used to be in Iron Maiden or some relationship like that existed. I have no idea where to look this up on the net. It was in a book I read. I'm sure a google.com search for Trust would lead me nowhere.
I bet Richie (BIGPHAT442) knows.

Trust question:
former drummer: Nicko McBrain
current drummer: Clive Burr
former´s IM drummer: Clive Burr
current IM´s d¨rummer: Nicko McBrain

That´s it, folks. Iron Maiden and Trust exchanged their drummers on tour.
Now a hypotetical question: who played Antisocial the best? Charlie, Nicko or Clive? :))
When I hear Parasite´ drum track, I personally think Charlie should join Kiss :)))

Originally posted by johnnieCzech
Trust question:
former drummer: Nicko McBrain
current drummer: Clive Burr
former´s IM drummer: Clive Burr
current IM´s d¨rummer: Nicko McBrain

That´s it, folks. Iron Maiden and Trust exchanged their drummers on tour.
Now a hypotetical question: who played Antisocial the best? Charlie, Nicko or Clive? :))
When I hear Parasite´ drum track, I personally think Charlie should join Kiss :)))

Yeah, yesterday as I sat on my throne, I remembered McBrain was in Trust. I wasn't aware of Clive Burr trading spots. Good call. Is it just me, or did McBrain get the better end of the deal!?

Charlie can't join Kiss. We need him in Anthrax!

that is so sad...i think they've really done it thins time, i stuck with them through the 'sell out/cutting hair' shit...through napster shit...but come on guys! get over your selvs! i mean, i will always love and respect the OLD music...but they suck as people

Maybe they shouldnt have used a Metallica song in the first place. Seeing as though Metallica just got done with napster and all. Second of all, this is a bullshit article because the same one was posted on the Metallica message boards as well, and if they were suing, we would have been told by the club. Besides, LOOK AT THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS, THE NAME IS METALLICA SUCKS COCK, OBVIOUSLY THIS PERSON IS TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK BAD. Third, people seem to be saying that it is ok that they still put the song on the album, even after Metallica allegedly asked them not to, because it is a "Hidden Track". Well guess what a HIDDEN TRACK MEANS....ITS STILL ON THE ALBUM. I dont care if it is hidden or not. If Metallica allegedly asked them not to put it on the album, then why in "gods" name would it be ok if it is a secret track, its still on the album isnt it?
Another thing, Metallica has enough money to afford all of these Lawyers and stuff, so of course they would be one of the people to go to when suing people for copyright infringement, and the sad part is that since they are so popular, they get the most bull out of it. Metallica was not the only ones suing Napster, there were other artists as well, but all i hear about is Metallica, like they were the only ones, Give me a break. If you can afford a computer to download the songs, than you can afford a CD. Im disappointed to see so many anti-metallica fans on this board. Its sad. I understand if you hate them, its your opinon, but it still bothers me a little because some people hate them because they are sticking up for their music.
I like Metallica, and Anthrax, i have no problems with either, because I can see PAST all of this political crap that is invading our world and I can see what its all about...THE MUSIC. When it all comes down to it, its THE MUSIC. We are here for the music. Get rid of the politics already please.

I do not want to give a bad impression here, i am just disappointed. Whoever posted this article is just trying to cause trouble. I dont know any of you, and i am a new person here, so i dont want to get off on the wrong foot. We are all fans here.

As scott says, "Drinks for my friends." Out.
cfwings.jpg

Just to clear up a few things here about he NR cover. Metal Blade's owner Brian Slagel and Lars are best friends. They had permission and Lars heard and loved the cover by Cannibal Corpse. Metal Blade has asked them to do 1 cover song for each cd for the Japan releases. Cannibal wanted to do this song simply because it was an old school song that ruled. Who didnt listen to Kill Em' All and love it in the day? The NR song is only on the first pressing of Gore Obsessed. After that no more. That person who posted that was looking for attention. He posted that on every single metal forum out there. Funny though he hasnt posted anywhere since. Just a joke.

Originally posted by Celtic Frost
Maybe they shouldnt have used a Metallica song in the first place. Seeing as though Metallica just got done with napster and all. Second of all, this is a bullshit article because the same one was posted on the Metallica message boards as well, and if they were suing, we would have been told by the club. Besides, LOOK AT THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS, THE NAME IS METALLICA SUCKS COCK, OBVIOUSLY THIS PERSON IS TRYING TO MAKE THEM LOOK BAD. Third, people seem to be saying that it is ok that they still put the song on the album, even after Metallica allegedly asked them not to, because it is a "Hidden Track". Well guess what a HIDDEN TRACK MEANS....ITS STILL ON THE ALBUM. I dont care if it is hidden or not. If Metallica allegedly asked them not to put it on the album, then why in "gods" name would it be ok if it is a secret track, its still on the album isnt it?
Another thing, Metallica has enough money to afford all of these Lawyers and stuff, so of course they would be one of the people to go to when suing people for copyright infringement, and the sad part is that since they are so popular, they get the most bull out of it. Metallica was not the only ones suing Napster, there were other artists as well, but all i hear about is Metallica, like they were the only ones, Give me a break. If you can afford a computer to download the songs, than you can afford a CD. Im disappointed to see so many anti-metallica fans on this board. Its sad. I understand if you hate them, its your opinon, but it still bothers me a little because some people hate them because they are sticking up for their music.
I like Metallica, and Anthrax, i have no problems with either, because I can see PAST all of this political crap that is invading our world and I can see what its all about...THE MUSIC. When it all comes down to it, its THE MUSIC. We are here for the music. Get rid of the politics already please.

I do not want to give a bad impression here, i am just disappointed. Whoever posted this article is just trying to cause trouble. I dont know any of you, and i am a new person here, so i dont want to get off on the wrong foot. We are all fans here.

As scott says, "Drinks for my friends." Out.
cfwings.jpg

Anyone called Celtic Frost is a friend of mine:D

Originally posted by Celtic Frost

True enough. The problem with Metallica is that they haven't produced any good music in the past decade. Just a couple of Loads of crap. My respect for Metallica was lost after Reload...Napster was just the icing on the cake, because 20 years ago, when radio stations wouldn't go near Kill'em All and Ride the Lightening, Metallica would have died for the exposure that Napster gave. Now that they're on the top looking down, they could release a recording of Lars farting and the radio will play it, so they are pissed off that people aren't buying something that wasn't worth paying for in the first place. Lars, I'll buy something of yours when you put out something that's worth buying...don't blame Napster because S&M didn't sell as well as you'd hoped, blame yourself for putting out multiple shitty albums.

That should take care of my ranting for today. :mad:

For those of you who didn't check out the link I put up. (I'm generally just a browser on this board) I was wondering about the whole copy right issue So I looked up copy right laws for cover songs and this is the gist of it: If you do a cover you do not need permission to do it. You do however need to file some papers with the copyright holder. You do have to pay the copyright holder 7 cents for each song that you cover on an album. This just sounds like troll bait. Metallica knows the law and they most likely wouldn't because they get paid and they don't have to do anything.