metallica sues cannibal corpse

metallica sucks cock

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2001
ohio state university
Visit site
Press Release from Metal Blade Records, 3-20-02

Cannibal Corpse is being sued by soft-rockers metallica, due to their inclusion of the hidden track "no remorse" on their most recent album, "gore obsessed." A 5 million dollar lawsuit could cripple the band financially.

Metal Blade had been in negotiation with Elektra Records for a royalty rate for the use of the song. But Metallica was not pleased with the amount offered. The CD was ready for release prior to the negotiations being finished, and the band wanted it released as soon as possible, opting to make the song a hidden track so it wouldnt be such a "big deal" and a royalty rate would still be in the works.

Future repressings of this album will not include "No Remorse."

OH LORD!!

Lars will do anything for a buck.

Like they need another five million.

WTF????

It's a hidden track, get the fuck over it!!!

It's all about royalties with those fucks. Then they'll try to say they're in it for the music. My ass they are.

They'll do anything for a buck now that noone in their right mind will buy another shitty CD of theirs again. They've shot themselves in the foot so amny times, this is the only way they can make money now.

If they are smart, they won't release another album, because they'd be embarrassed by the number of sales it would get (or lack of).

M F O
E U F
T C F
A K
L
L
I
C
A

you make me fucking sick, cannibal corpse is a fucking awesome band and you have to threaten their existance, kiss my hairy ass.

slayer

Lar$ is all about that dolla, dolla. He be makin' records w/ JA RULE holla, holla. I will tell you that he oughta, oughta. Worry about keeping descent beats on a, on a (descent record)....Theres my LAR$ rap.

CANNIBAL CORPSE just wanted to show their love of old school MetallicA, and got sued by SellouticA.
JAYMEZ, KIRK...kick LAR$ out before he dragz you both down w/ him.

METALLICA............SUE 'EM ALL
METALLICA............AND LAWSUITS FOR ALL
METALLICA............ S & M SUING & MONEY

That press release is FAKE!!! MSC has posted this on other boards as well in an attempt to stir shit up! I repeat, Metallica is NOT suing cannibal corpse! It's all made-up bullshit!

I was about to post the following until I saw that the press release is FAKE. I should have known it was fake due to mistakes in spelling and capitalization. Silly me.
But as a service to all you who are treading down the dangrous path of colectivism, looting and mooching (a la Nazi Germany, Communist China and Fascist Italy), I am still going to include my comments.
(Though there's no hope for Ty. :cry: )

Let the hate-filled responses begin.

-------------------
>>> Lar$ is all about that dolla, dolla. He be makin' records w/ JA RULE holla, holla. I will tell you that he oughta, oughta. Worry about keeping descent beats on a, on a (descent record)....Theres my LAR$ rap.

Does this have anything at all to do with Cannibal Corpse (henceforth CC) stealing Metallica's property? No.

>>> CANNIBAL CORPSE just wanted to show their love of old school MetallicA, and got sued by SellouticA.

They can also sell more albums by putting a Metallica song on there. Maybe it was CC who was "selling out"?

>>> JAYMEZ, KIRK...kick LAR$ out before he dragz you both down w/ him.

I doubt that they could. Besides, how do you know he was the only one behind it?

--------
>>> you make me fucking sick, cannibal corpse is a fucking awesome band and you have to threaten their existance, kiss my hairy ass.

Actually, CC hurt themselves when they used another band's song without permission. Metallica is merely using the laws designed to protect their property to do just that, protect their property.

-------

>>> As I said before, it's the only way he's going to make money in the music business anymore.

I'm sure Lars makes money selling copies of old albums than any of us could ever hope to make.

-------
>>> Why is Lars so fucking latigious?

If you're going to use a big word, can you at least spell it right? :D

-------

>>> Lars will do anything for a buck.

Actually, I am sure there are many things he would NOT do "for a buck." However, I see nothing wrong with using the courts to protect his property.

>>> Like they need another five million.

Who are you (or anyone) to decide?
No one "needs" five million. But since money is merely a tool of exchange representing production, a man who makes an honest five million ought to be able to keep his five million.
They'll never get anywhere near five million, FYI.

>>> WTF????

exactly.

>>> It's a hidden track, get the fuck over it!!!

It's on the CD, no?

>>> It's all about royalties with those fucks. Then they'll try to say they're in it for the music. My ass they are.

So do they not own the rights to their own material that they produced? Any moocher or looter that wants to can take from Metallica as they please?

Justin, you were replying to other posts right? if so to tell you the truth I highly doubt that cannible corpse could make more money off of a metallica cover. I'm sure they where paying homage to Metallica. It might cause more people to pirate an MP3 of it though :). but seeing as how popular Metallica is I doubt any Metallica fan would buy the CD just because it has a metallica song on it. unless they realy like cookie monster or something. anyone who's a cannible corpse fan would buy it anyway. just my opinion. and even though this was all bullshit. I still think 5 mil would be realy shitty and blowing things way out of proportion. yeah it's wrong to steal a copywritten song but damn.... you'd have to be a big asshole to make them pay for it in the first place. I may be wrong but I don't realy think bands would make someone pay to do a cover of a song. like I said though I could be wrong.
-Jono-

Wasn't it a HIDDEN track? If it was then it could only be taken as a tribute. If they were trying to capitalize on it they would have listed it. Now I'm hearing this whole thing is just a lie. I don't know what to think about now. If it's true then fuck em' and feed em fish heads...if it's not true then fuck em anyways. PLEASE KURT, QUIT NOW!!! YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR THOSE JARHEADS!!!

Damn, reading your replies almost makes me ashamed to be classified with you as anthrax fans. You are either too gullible or too stupid to figure out that it was made up. I mean, look at the guy who started this thread. he has been upset with metallica for years because they wouldn't give his gay ass a blowjob[hence his name]

Even if they were to sue CC[who are one of the worst bands in history in any genre of music] why would they be wrong for it?[assuming they did it withot permssion]. You don't think anthrax would sue anyone if they recorded one of their songs to put on an album without permission? You people are truly sad.

You don't think anthrax would sue anyone if they recorded one of their songs to put on an album without permission? You people are truly sad.

NOPE!!!!!!!

Yours truly (not sadly),
Thra:rofl:ude

>>> Wasn't it a HIDDEN track? If it was then it could only be taken as a tribute. If they were trying to capitalize on it they would have listed it.

Tribute or not, Metallica fans find out about everything. I'm sure there's a website somewhere listing every band that has covered Metallica. Do I care why they covered it? No.

>>> PLEASE KURT, QUIT NOW!!! YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR THOSE JARHEADS!!!

Who is Kurt?

-----------

>>> yeah it's wrong to steal a copywritten song but damn.... you'd have to be a big asshole to make them pay for it in the first place. I may be wrong but I don't realy think bands would make someone pay to do a cover of a song. like I said though I could be wrong.

Why? If it's worth it to the band to cover the song, they would be willing to pay for it up to a certain amount. I'm sure bands pay all the time to use cover songs. Maybe Motorhead didn't when they recorded "Enter Sandman," but they are friends of the band. Who knows about Anthrax covering "Phantom Lord."