Metallica..... trust me, click here

Greeno

Oct 14, 2003
WV USA
Have you guys heard this band called Iron Horse? They just released an album called Fade To Bluegrass..... that's right.... a bluegrass Metallica tribute album!! It smokes!!! Download this song...

http://nasapunk.tripod.com/greeno/iron_horse.mp3

You'll have to figure out what song it is yourself...... like that will be hard. :)

Here's the track list for the album

1. Unforgiven
2. Nothing Else Matters
3. Enter Sandman
4. Hero Of The Day
5. Fade To Black
6. One
7. Ride The Lightning
8. Wherever I May Roam
9. Fuel
10. The Four Horsemen

There is another bluegrass band called Hayseed Dixie that does cool covers like this. So far they have done an AC/DC album, a KISS album and an album of 80's covers. Great stuff!!

Hawk said:
Well Bluegrass is one of the great southern traditions :)
Sounds good to me! Yeehaaaa!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you can't throw a rock without hitting a bluegrass band around these parts. I used to hate that style of music as a kid but I've grown to like parts of it. There are some great bluegrass "killin'" songs, those are the ones I like. Ones like were the woman gets raped and then the next day bashes the guy's skull in with a rock..... good old bluegrass justice! :)

Greeno said:
Tell me that didn't just make your day!! Kinda catches you off guard don't it? :)

It make my day! :lol:

Actually I'd like some more :) Do they have a site?

its funny you bring that up cause theres this band called AC Dixie that does the exact same thing with ACDC songs like highway to hell and whole lotta rosie

I have the KISS tribute by Hayseed Dixie (notice...if you say HAYSEED DIXIE fast it sounds like AC/DC) and I've heard the others. Great stuff there. I love it. GREENO, being in Kentucky, THE BLUEGRASS STATE you just cannot NOT like bluegrass. haha I hated it for years but within the last 5 years or so I picked up on it. The musicians are all virtuosos, ya know...But you never cease to amaze me with your opened mind to music!
ted

tedvanfrehley said:
But you never cease to amaze me with your opened mind to music!
ted

Thanks!

I try to check out as much stuff as I can, be it metal or whatever. You guys would probably laugh at some of the stuff in my collection, metal only makes up about half of it. Everything from the Bay City Rollers to Sinatra to the soundtrack to Blade Runner. :) Last week when Plan13 stopped by for our weekly night of beer consumption he was trying to add up how many hours it would take to listen to everything in the collection one time. I don't remember the total but it sure was funny watching a drunk do math. :D