Metallica's Instrumentals

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Prioritize the list (#1 being your favorite).

This is mine:

1. Orion
2. To Live is to Die
3. The Call of Ktulu
4. Anasthesia (Pulling Teeth)

And yes, "To Live is to Die" is an instrumental for the purposes of this thread at least.

\m/

Call of Kchruchtutuliuausuu is my favorite, closely followed by Orion. Others are all 3rd place.

:lol: Yeah I forgot about that one, that Call of NAD one rules.

A guitarist buddy of mine jam on Ktulu frequently, it's one of those songs where we just repeat it about 90 times in a row because we don't remember where to stop. Kinda like Hendrix' version of Hey Joe, another buddy and I used to play 20 minute, 14 guitar solo, trippy bass versions of that in Guitar Center.

That whole interlude section in To Live is to Die is beautiful (the bit where the finger picking sounds like he's playing it down a telephone). Great example of chord progression.

Both Orion and TLitD also prove that Hetfield was a good guitar solo'ist too. Certainly more emotion than the Hamster anyway.

1. Orion
2. The Call of Ktulu
3. To Live is to Die
4. Anasthesia (Pulling Teeth)

orion is the best they've made no doubt, but when TCOC erupts at the end with those majestic drums... gives me goose bumps every single time i hear it

1. The Call of Ktulu
2. Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth)
3. Orion
4. To Live is to Die

I HATE YOU FOR MAKING ME MAKE THIS LIST.
All those songs are so fucking good, and whichever I'm listening to at the moment usually is my favourite, but the Call of Ktulu simply is so fucking good.

bla bla bla
I've seen too much
Hangar 18
I know too much!

To Live is to Die - best chord progression ever:

Am - G - Em - F
Am - G - Em - G

If you can finger pick that mid-section on an acoustic guitar, it sounds awesome.

I agree with the TCoC nit erupting at the end - that was one song that transferred to the S&M orchestra really well too.

Sorath said:
It did indeed sound extremely good with that damn orchestra, but the original version still is a million times better.
Actually, all the songs sound better in their original format IMO. I don't think the orchestra added much in S&M, and at times actually ruined songs, such as "Master of Puppets".

For "Minus Human" and "No Leaf Clover", however, I can't compare for obvious reasons, but I really liked both those songs.

No Leaf Clover was pretty good, they should have headed in that direction for St. Stupor.

Word. I liked the new songs on S&M better than anything on Load or Reload. I actually got excited for St Anger based on what I thought was going to be a continuation...

I got excited for St. Anger because I'm stupid enough to believe all the rumours I hear about new albums being good and back to basics and all of that. Same with the new Mayhem album.

Erik said:
"Frantic" is like "Battery" with blastbeats!
OMGOLOZLROZLOZL LYESSSS!!!!!!11111

Hey maybe one day they'll release something decent again. Load and Reload were more boring than they were bad, I guess the follow up to St. Grammaw can be their "oops we really fucked up but now we're serious again" album.

Yeah, I doubt it too. :loco:

:puke: Yes, I read that thing several times many moons ago and even got excited over it. Fuck him, that's false advertising.