Suggest some Instrumentals?

Pink Floyd - My favorite band, along with Opeth. Although there aren't many songs completely without vocals, many pieces are mainly instrumental. I highly recommend checking out the following albums:
"Meddle"
"Wish You Were Here"
"Dark Side Of The Moon"
"Ummagumma"

They are their best, in my opinion.

The intro to Dimmu Borgir's Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, called 'Fear and Wonder' is simply amazing... As is their song 'Sorgens Kammer' from Stormblast..
Cradle of Filth have some really good instrumentals (on anything up to Cruelty and the Beast), even though they're primarily intro's and interludes.

(Not even a big DB of CoF fan, but these tracks rule!)

Furthermore, all Opeth instrumentals are really beautiful! Especially Ending Credits..
Probably a lot more tracks i like but can't think of right now.

Pink Floyd - Marooned
Laliya - Terre De Sacha (the whole album is instrumetal. incredibly brilliant music!!! Appalachian Dulcimer + Djembe + Didgeridoo)

Oh, I got some good ones. All the "Soulfly" songs. For those who don't know, they have an instrumental entitled "Soulfly X" on each album where X is a different number, corresponding to the album number. They are all excellent.

Porcupine Tree -- "Sky Moves Sideways" Mahavishnu Orchestra-- Meeting of the Spirits, Vital Transformation, Dance of the Maya. Just pick up the album "Inner Mounting Flame" the whole thing is instrumental. Jason Becker-- Perpetual Burn.

Pain of Salvation - Pluvius Aestivus

Blood Avenger - Didn't Like Your Tone :headbang:

Steve Vai - Tender Surrender
Steve Vai - For the Love of God
Steve Vai - Touching Tongues
Joe Satriani - Midnight

I'd like to mention 'Ad Astra' by Arcturus. I know it has some vocals in it, but they're not really at the forefront of the track, and for some reason I always seem to think of it as an instrumental. And it blows my mind :D

Lots of cool instrumental stuff out there. Explosions In The Sky's album 'The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place' comes highly reccommended, as does Pelican (especially 'Sirius' IMHO).

Mybe this is a totally different genre than you're interested in, but:

The Allman Brothers Band - "Jessica" and "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed"

I can actually even sort of imagine Opeth doing a heavy version "IMOER"...

biggsy said:
isis - maritime

someone may have said it but i think this is a truly awesome track. its so gentle and calming. and it doesnt have isis vocals:)

Yup, me! And I will say it again, as 3 mentions still isn't enough!

isis - maritime

Lots of great ones have already been said. I'll add some more

Arch Enemy has a few. I like
"Enter the Machine"
"Marching on a Dead End Road"

Kind Diamond
"Them"
"Insanity"

Beyond the Embrace
"Drowning Sun"