Metallica's Instrumentals

I've always found Metallica's old stuff to be overrated. Yes, it was good, but...it wasn't that good.

Papa Josh said:
IT WAS THAT GOOD IF YOU WERE LISTENING TO IT AT THE TIME IT CAME OUT... AND NOT PETRA. :D
yeah, 'cause the first thing I want to do when I'm 7 is go buy a Metallica CD. :loco:

Man you know sometimes man I can't even listen to To Live is To Die man because man it's just so like.............sad, man.

Srsly tho.

To Live is to Die is actually #1 in my list. I've verified this by listening to all 4 on repeat for the last hour or so.

1) To Live is to Die
2) Orion
3) The Call of Ktulu
4) Anasthesia (Pulling Teeth)

Reactions: NAD
Okay so here's the thing.

Anesthesia is pretty much Eruption for bassists. As such, it is a very important part to the history of any hård röckin' 4-string slingers such as myself. Plus it is a badass jam, no doubt.

To Live is to Die is the tribute to the fallen icon himself, and not only is a great fuckin' song no matter the context, but it really is gut-wrenching to listen to at times.

Orion is a very accomplished piece. It is a masterful composition, when I look back at the History of Heavy Metal this may well be the magnum opus of the glory days of the genre, transcending boundaries of anything and just becoming Pure Art. One of my all time favoUrite songs ever.

And yet I still have to go with Call of Ktulu as my chosen pick. It just has such an eerie mood to it that sounds unlike anything else in the Metallica catalogue. Possibly unlike anything else I've ever heard. The magic remains. Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!

PS: Suicide and Redemption is totally cool and fine by me.

Reactions: rms
To Live is To Die
Orion
Call of Ktluhufagth
Pulling Teeth

AJFA is my wheel house.

Nothing really uplifting about this album when compared to the other older Metallica albums.i dont need uplifting, I need a strike across my bow.

this just popped into my head for no good god damn reason

remember this?