Suggest some Instrumentals?

Nobiss

I Find Trust In Hate
Feb 24, 2006
Canada
I'm quite fond of instrumental songs.. But I really do not know of too many. With all the music knowledge on this board I'm sure many of you know some great instrumental songs that you could suggest to me / anyone. How about it? What are some of your favorites?

Some of my favorites would have to be -

Metallica - Orion
Agalloch - The Lodge
Opeth - Epilogue
Metallica - To Live Is To Die
Metallica - The Call of Ktulu
Dead To Fall - Doraemata (I don't like this band but check out this track if you like acoustic instrumental)
Metallica - (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth (Cliff!!!)

Also found some Apocalyptica tracks to be great.

Opeth-Madrigal
Opeth-Ending Credits
Opeth-Patterns In The Ivy
Opeth-Silhouette
Opeth-Requiem
Opeth-For Absent Friends

Most of those feel like bridges between the songs though, to me anyway. The only ones i frequently listen to are Ending Credits, Silhouette and Epilogue(which you allready mentioned).

Ofcourse I think you allready know about them(this is the official forum after all). But since you said you dont listed them with your favourites id suggest you'd try listening a little more to Ending Credits and Silhouette, because they are grate.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual (Seriously a fucking GOOD track)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Magic & Mayhem
Yngwie Malmsteen - Entire Rising Force Album
Mattias Eklundh - Print This!
Porcupine Tree - .3 (well it has like 5 words in but whatever its mostly instru)
A.R. Rahman - Mumbai Theme Tune
Blockhead - Insomniac Olympics
Wim Mertens - Close Cover

oh yeah and:

Yngwie Malmsteen - Prelude To April

Dismember-phantoms (of the oath)
off their latest cd "The God that never was".

Phantoms is a perfect instrumental, i actully rank it higher than the old classic In Flames instrumentals "dialogue with the stars" and "the jesters dance".