MIA Crimson Glory Guests

long.hair

New Metal Member
Sep 6, 2009
Anyone know why Ronny Munroe, and Zakk Stevens, didn't participate?

I really enjoyed the performances, but I was looking forward to seeing these guys too. I'm also a little bummed they didn't do anything off Strange & Beautiful. I know it's not a favorite of most prog fans, but there's some good stuff on it. I thought an acoustic version of Song For Angels would have been appropriate...

I thought an acoustic version of Song For Angels would have been appropriate...[/QUOTE]

***Yes, I agree!

Ronny Munroe wasn't able to make it due to a video shoot, and Zak Stevens also had an outside obligation.
We were all bummed about it too, including them.
As far as S&B, my understanding is that the set list was so extensive that there were several songs that had to be trimmed.

Thanks for the info Prog Muse! Any idea when the DVD of the performance will be available? Also, do you know if Midnight's solo stuff will get re-released?

Thanks for the info Prog Muse! Any idea when the DVD of the performance will be available? Also, do you know if Midnight's solo stuff will get re-released?

I actually picked it up -- the Midnight solo cd at Laser's Edge, so I'm sure you can easily pick it up at an indie distributor. You can also find it on Amazon used.

To comment on them not playing Strange and Beautiful, I completely agree. I know it's controversial, but there are good songs on there especially the title track which is prog btw. To be honest though, it was pretty badass that they did all of the first two albums and those are widely accepted as classics.

nomisofsiman,

I should have looked a bit closer in the vendor area. I'm sure I can find Sakada, but I was mainly asking about the M stuff that was only available from his web site.

Believe me I loved the set. It was awesome. I just wanted more!

I think they some label should consider doing a Midnight tribute disc with those vocalists.

While I was reading the interview done with Ray Alder in the Prog Power booklet, he mentioned that he was asked to do a song as well. Anyone know why that did not happen? That would have been nice to see as well.

Ray was asked to perform, and he wanted to...but he decided that he needed to focus on his performance with Fates Warning.
Absolutely understandable.
We would have loved to have him perform, no question.
As far as Mid's solo material, there is currently no ETA on any of it, and anything involving its release or distribution will be done with the utmost respect for the wishes of his family members.
Most of this material is not "final mix" and everyone involved will do whatever is necessary to clean it up and see that it is mixed properly to ensure a fitting, quality tribute to all of his very special late work.

Yeah, Prog Muse is almost right.. I just spoke with Lee Harrison (Mid's producer/band) he said all 36 of the original Midnight mixes are done as well as the 18 cover songs. Seeing as he is the only one in possession of the recorded tracks (i.e. Midnight's vocal tracks) I tend to believe him. He also said he's working with the family on the release but it will still be awhile so keep checking Mid's myspace for news and updates.. http://myspace.com/t42midnight

I believe Zak was on the road doing promo for his new band Machines of Grace (basically his old band Wicked Witch resurrected.) Unfortunate, but the tribute was fantastic anyway... even without "Burning Bridges" (the single song I wish they would have played).
In all, it was an unforgettable night... thanks to CG and everyone involved. I traveled 1600 miles to see them, and it was totally worth every penny.