Mic Shootout. sm57, ,d421, e906 CLIPS

your fav?

• Total voters
On my NS-10's, the 421 sounds the best by far.... But on my other monitors the 57 takes the win.... I'm really becoming partial to 421's on guitar, it just sounds less 'nasal' than the 57... They mix well together too...

Was close between the 421 and 57 for me. Went with the 57 based on listening for the tone I'd rather start with for a mix, and the 421 seemed to have too much that would want to fight with the vocals. The 609 sucked alot more than I thought it would. Not alot of definition in it at all.

If it's not too much trouble Lasse, could you give me abit of a run down about your mic technique? You seem to get some really awsome raw tones, and lately I've been struggling to get the right clarity and high end balance in my tracks. Do you always do a sweep over the speaker with the mic, then settle on a spot, or do you now just know where the mic needs to be?
I think I may need to get a friend over to help sweep the mic while I play and listen.

A lot of people don't seem to like the e609 and e906, but damn, I swear by my e609 for live use. The shit is amazing, there's almost no bleed at all!
Also, I really like the e609 better than my 57 or i5 for clean sounds, I think it sounds more 'airy' than the others.