Mic'd Invader & Orange - mix tests in G# and B

Temps

Aug 13, 2008
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7111126

Since I sold my Axe I'm going to practice this shit again... using my SM57 to record my Engl through the Orange cab. For practice, I re-recorded some of the riffs from 50th Generation on my COW7 and SLSMG. The COW is up first and is the one that is tuned quite low... the riff changes altogether halfway through, then the SLSMG comes in tuned to drop B

Tried a bunch of new stuff on here, focusing on the drum mix as much as the guitars.. found a good mic position so the guitars are more or less flat. But are they too bright? Too thin? Is the kick too loud, not loud enough? too much distortion in the mix? bass not loud enough? etc

feedback appreciated!

edit: and even in this very early new attempt to mic an amp again, I like the tone way better than the Axe :D the axe is awesome, don't get me wrong, but Invaders+Oranges are way, way more awesome. Although a mic'd Axe would sound really good as well... hmm. For older mic'ing efforts of mine, the Engl Invader Mix Test is the last one before this, and the further down you go, the older and worse they get..

opposite for me: prefer the G# djenty. Too much mud in the B tone. Drums and gtr need to gel a bit more for my tastes. Is it double tracked?