Michael is gone!!!

RisenFromTheSea_CRO

Nihil Morari
Jun 2, 2005
Split, Croatia
Michael is no longer a part of EG...
On show on Metal Camp 3 days ago, Tom said before Recreation Day that this is last show for Michael... :mad:
After the show i asked him (Tom), he said that he is tired of playing bass guitar...

Hmm that sucks. Well at least they didn't lose someone like Henrik or Rikard, who contributes to songwriting.

Yeah, I just saw the news on Blabbermouth as well. At least we will have him forever remembered on the DVD.

God, I just re-read my post and I made it sound like he died or something... "at least we will have him forever remembered on the DVD." Sheesh! :puke:

I do wish Michael good luck with his future musical journey. I'm just sad that I won't get to meet him at PPVII.

This is sad news. Mike's contribution to Evergrey won't ever be forgotten. He first gave me the impression that he's the most serious dude in the band due to his vicious looks. After watching the DVD, he's much more of a fun dude to hang out with.

Whatever you do Mike, we wish you all the best. I give you 7 salutes for your 7 years of contribution to Evergrey. Plus 3 more for whatever you wish to pursue in music. Good luck, bud!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So, I was just thinking about some curious items:

> It was announced 3 days ago from the stage that it was Michael's last show
> ...and 3 days from now they play the festival in Scandinavia
> ...and they have already named Fredrik as the replacement (who I assume is playing the show in Scandinavia)

should we be led to believe that Michael's departure has been anticipated or known within the band for a little while now based on these items? I would have to assume that it would take Fredrik some time to learn the Evergrey bass parts well enough to be able to play them proficiently in front of a festival crowd.

Anyway, not that any of it really matters, I'm just trying to make sense of it all/cope.

7GodlessTongues said:
Hmm that sucks. Well at least they didn't lose someone like Henrik or Rikard, who contributes to songwriting.
what a stupid thing to say... Evergrey will not be the same without Micke... Even if he doesnt contribute in the songwriting, he is a brilliant bass player and a really great guy... Visually he also fitted right in to Evergrey. Even though this sucks ass, i am very glad for the great times ive had with evergrey and Micke. Its a shame that we didnt get a chance to give him the farewell shows he deserves. So Micke i wish you all the best for the future, and i respect your desicion. We will miss you in evergrey! A Great big skåne skoal with the whisky glass for the great years!