Michael is gone!!!

Kuksug! said:
what a stupid thing to say... Evergrey will not be the same without Micke... Even if he doesnt contribute in the songwriting, he is a brilliant bass player and a really great guy... Visually he also fitted right in to Evergrey. Even though this sucks ass, i am very glad for the great times ive had with evergrey and Micke. Its a shame that we didnt get a chance to give him the farewell shows he deserves. So Micke i wish you all the best for the future, and i respect your desicion. We will miss you in evergrey! A Great big skåne skoal with the whisky glass for the great years!
I agree. I didn't mean that I didn't like Mikael, basically I meant that it could be a lot worse I guess.

That's crappy :/ How can one become tired of playing an instrument... :OMG:
I can't imagine not playing guitar for instance.. but I guess there are other things behind it. Too bad anyway.

If you are referring to Mike not playing bass, you may want to re-read his letter. He wants to do something different.....If you check out some of the stuff he has been working on other than EG you will find it VERY different.

MainelyGrey said:
If you are referring to Mike not playing bass, you may want to re-read his letter. He wants to do something different.....If you check out some of the stuff he has been working on other than EG you will find it VERY different.

It was my mistake. I wrote on first post that he is tired of playing bass, but that was because i misunderstod Tom when he said that he is tired of playing... (not bass guitar, but tired of EG)
At least i think so...

btw. The Project Hate... :kickass:

7GodlessTongues said:
I agree. I didn't mean that I didn't like Mikael, basically I meant that it could be a lot worse I guess.
yeah, it could be the end of evergrey if Tom quit. so i get your point. Its sad, but life goes on. MMA isnt quite what ive hoped for, but its good, but i dont like that Henrik says We dont have to use Rikard all the time. i really like keyboards and think they fit perfekt into evergrey.But on the other hand its very good that not all EG cd`s sound the same.

Damn...TPH is VERY different... whatever, at least it's not someone that actually contributed to the music.

ENGEL, the new Gothenburg, Sweden-based quintet featuring guitarists Marcus Sunesson (ex-THE CROWN) and Niclas Engelin (PASSENGER, ex-GARDENIAN, IN FLAMES), drummer Mojjo (RELEVANT FEW, DRACENA), and vocalist Mangan Klavborn, has appointed new bassist Michael Håkansson, previously of EVERGREY. Michael will play his first gig with the band at the Uxfest 2006 festival, set to take place Sunday, August 6 at the Carling Academy Islington in England.

Metal_Machientje said:
ENGEL, the new Gothenburg, Sweden-based quintet featuring guitarists Marcus Sunesson (ex-THE CROWN) and Niclas Engelin (PASSENGER, ex-GARDENIAN, IN FLAMES), drummer Mojjo (RELEVANT FEW, DRACENA), and vocalist Mangan Klavborn, has appointed new bassist Michael Håkansson, previously of EVERGREY. Michael will play his first gig with the band at the Uxfest 2006 festival, set to take place Sunday, August 6 at the Carling Academy Islington in England.

Very interesting. Here is their myspace page http://www.myspace.com/engelmusic

Yeah, I saw this news on Blabbermouth over the weekend, too. By the sounds of Engel's music (and knowing what Michael's side projects were like) his leaving appears to be simply of Michael wanting to explore a new musical direction.

Now, shifting gears a little bit... did anyone attend the Uxfest and if so, how was Michael in the new band?