Michael Jackson spent all morning wishing he was me

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
i just got into work this moment, after spending all morning at my roommate's pre-school "teaching" (playing with) a pack of two- and three-year-olds!

i had to do some actual teaching for one of my classes, but since i'm a part-time student, i'm not yet in a pre-prac program, so my teacher and i worked out that i could do something with my roomie's kids even though they're not exactly high school english students. so i brought in a giant book called "In The Tall, Tall Grass" and did a predicting activity with them ("What do you think might be found in the tall, tall, grass?"), and then read the book.

then we danced around like animals to an animal song and when the elephant part came on this little kid named Matthew whacked me in the tomatoes with his trunk/fist.

yeah, it was pretty fun. i've gone in there for fun four or five times already, but this time i actually noticed that my roommate and her co-teacher are actually really doing well-thought-out teacher shit, not just playing with the kids all day long. like Socratic eliciting of responses, almost, and a lot of modelling.