Michael Lepond

Slaydon

Jul 28, 2008
right outside Oslo, Norway
Hello everybody, I just discovered this forum. I've been a member of Opeth forum for some time and then I saw there was a Symphony X one. I've been a fan of them since 2006. The first album I bought was "V-The New Mythology Suite" and was really impressed. Anyway, I was wondering about Michael Lepond's current status. I know he has been diagnosed with Crohns disease...is he doing well now? It's a shame he didn't contribute any songs to the last album because I loved the ones he has co-written so far. I also liked Thomas Miller, he was a real virtuoso! But Michael is a worthy replacement.

That's it for now.

Well, the few times I chatted with him on the PL tour he seemed full of energy, and he put on some great shows. So yeah, I'd say he's better.

It's about time this forum got some Lepond love! Everyone's always like "Romeo this, Russ that." No disrespect to Romeo or Russell; they're incredibly awesome. But I feel the other band members are a bit underrated.

as a bassist myself i have massive respect for this guy.

definately underated, and definately a major part of the overall sound of symphony x.

Without him they would be a different band.

Disagree... they did just fine with Miller.

THAT SAID, I love Lepond as a bassist, he's one of the coolest dudes i've ever met and super nice. They COULD do just fine with another talented bassist, but hopefully they keep him around.

Disagree... they did just fine with Miller.

THAT SAID, I love Lepond as a bassist, he's one of the coolest dudes i've ever met and super nice. They COULD do just fine with another talented bassist, but hopefully they keep him around.

Exactly. Both guys have done just brilliantly on any CD and Lepond was awesome live (Don't know for Miller, cause no-one has really seen that....)

He's a real nice humble down-to-earth guy. Amazing bass player too (he kills John Myung by a long shot) lol :lol:

I talk with him on Paradise Lost release day at the cd store and he said he's doing pretty well after his surgery

Exactly. Both guys have done just brilliantly on any CD and Lepond was awesome live (Don't know for Miller, cause no-one has really seen that....)

Sure they have..they did do live shows with Miller (there's even a pic of Miller & Pinnella in concert on the band's MySpace page), they were just overseas and quite a while ago now.