Lepond vs. Miller...

Who do YOU think was the better SyX bassist..?

• Lepond

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Miller

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • This decision is impossible...

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Manga-San

Mar 19, 2003
Visit site
Which do you think is the better Symphony X bassist..?

Honestly, I can't decide. It's a shame that Miller left, because he was awesome, but Lepond has been such an amazing edition to the band...

i can't decide since i believe both are of equal skill... though i do like lepond's bass fills on the live DWOT better than millers. And i can also say that lepond is one of the nicest guys in the whole world... haven't met miller so can't say if he is or not. They both kick ass though, and though it's too bad miller is gone, i think lepond's too good to give up, even if it ment miller comming back.

It's hard decision, but I go with miller, btw have you tried to play the part before chorus in edge of forever, I have and don't know what the hell is going on there, impossible...

LePond, because he's such a great guy. I can't vote after musical skill because I haven't compared them yet. To be honest I don't really listen to what the bassists are doing. Shame on me.

LEPOND!!!!!!!

Hands down.. :)
I mean, so far he has been able to pull off everything live so far that miller did w/ the other albums, and I KNOW we will all see what else he can do once they are done w/re-doing the s/t album, personally I can't wait to hear it. As for haveing part w/the song writting, give him a chance,IMO, they have only just begun. (oh crap, isn't that some kinda song?.. :) ) I love the older SymX cd's w/miller, but if u ever get to see them live, man, Lepond is just smokin' up there. He's AWESOME.
And besides that he is still "One of the sweetest man I have ever meet."
Personallity does alot for me, though I have never meet Miller,in my experiance, Lepond is always the 1st to meet and greet people and he has gone out of his way for his fans,..
If you ever get to go to one of their shows, look around afterwards, most likely you will see him in the crowd somewhere in the back, walk up and talk to him and you'll see what I am saying.:D

Miller wrote great lyrics, but were voting for best bassist and in my opinion that is Lepond. From what I have gathered when listening Miller seems more neoclassical to me, playing quite sparingly alot of the time, whilst Lepond is more progressive, which I personally prefer. And, It has to be said, his work in Egypt is incredible (shame you cant hear him so well on the studio albums as well as Miller.)

(shame you cant hear him (Lepond) so well on the studio albums as well as Miller.)

I chose Miller because of this as he can be heard very well on the albums he played on. Although V is one of my fave albums, Lepond's sound is not as pronounced as Miller was.

Yeah i read an interview where Lepond was talking about his sound, and how he was unhappy with it on V. When he recorded his odyssey parts, he decided to play them straight into the mixer, and he wasnt really happy with that either, so on next album he's hoping it will be third time lucky I imagine :)

shocked.gif

Really, guys. The one's that voted Lepond, I have a few words.

I understand the "like" factor and the ever important "nice guy" factor, but I haven't met either guys. All I know is what I've heard, and Miller takes it by a long shot. I don't doubt Lepond's ability to keep up, or the musical addition to the band, but Miller could just rip! Some of the fastest fingers I've ever heard. So, the question was asked, who is better?

Lepond said himself, he's found since joining the band they push his ability to the edge...