Lepond vs. Miller...

Who do YOU think was the better SyX bassist..?

• Lepond

Votes: 17 44.7%
  • Miller

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • This decision is impossible...

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
Is this a question of who's better or who's faster?
Just because Yngwie is faster than Marty Friedman does not mean that Yngwie is better. Friedman's shit is more heart-felt. Oh well, I'm not voting because I'm sick of the who's better polls. I like em both.

Yes Miller plays faster, but you're right in that speed is not the only element to be analyzed. But in this case, because he used his speed matching Romeo in those moments in songs they played seamlessly, and those times he played solo with speed or with passion, or combined, with precision, he stood out.

It just occured to me that there are those who will not consider that I rather enjoy Leponds playing, and prefer him in the band because I like the new sound they have. Also, don't get me wrong, but I would never want anything to be different, or for anything of the older pre Lepond albums to be different. Am I confusing anyone yet? I get like this late in the early morning.

Anyways, I've tried to answer the thread and probably will have upset someone. And if I did, I meant no harm. I have no life so you can take comfort in that.
grumble.gif