Michael Romeo's guitar equipment?

well being a dimarzio user in all of my guitars, i can say that you might want to check out the evolution neck, or the humbucker from hell(that thing is one of the cleanest neck pups i have ever heard!) or a tone zone (like i have in the neck of my warlock, with a duncan invader! yeah i said an invader!)
the x2n is a very awesome pickup but make sure you back it off the bass strings a bit because it is so damn strong it does cause a bit of buzz, then again all my trem guitars have REALLY LOW ACTION!!! so that might be a factor, my stoptailed guitars all have at least an 1/8 of an inch for action AT THE LEAST!!! it allows me to do some crazy vibrato stuff.

Yngvai X said:
There is no such thing as a crunchy neck position tone, its the nature of placing the pickup there. You need it by the bridge to get a bright trebley sound.
That was funny.

I have an old Aria Pro guitar with EMG's (81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck), and I still love the sound of those pickups. I've put DiMarzios in everything else though. My buddy here at work swears by Duncans though. But he's old. :p