Mid-year highlights, the 2017 edition

Yea, its avarage as fuck. It was "I'll not rewind the track if i dont have easy access to the phone"

Agreed on Paradise Lost, I had the same problem with The Plague Within.
I didn't feel the same way about The Plague WIthin, actually. It was one of the albums of that year for me... A lot of high-energy songs and plenty of highlights and variance in sound. The new album kind of all sounds the same, and a bit boring.

Arch Enemy's already got leaked, I barely made it through tho, not my cup of tea.
Some good music not yet mentioned:

Dying Fetus - Wrong One to Fuck With _____ (an absolute killer but takes time getting used to)
Warbringer - Woe to the Vanquished _____ (really strong thrash, which is hard to come by these days)
Enfold Darkness - Adversary Omnipotent _____ (easily AOTY material for me, unexpected second release after 8 years of nothing)
Gorod - Kiss the Freak _____ (typical Gorod, but in thrash form, EP released on April 1st possibly as a joke? the music is no joke though, highly recommend checking out)
Ancient Ascendant - Raise The Torch _____ (the band says "fuck it" and goes from average blackened death metal to blatant at times death'n'roll, see the vid below, there's a fucking cowbell; fun record)
Hideous Divinity - Adveniens _____ (have at you, Hour of Penance)
Entrails - World Inferno _____ (oldschool Swedish dm, nice album, expected worse; below is this album's vision of Slaughter of the Soul the song, seriously how much more similar does it get?)
Desultory - Through Aching Aeons _____ (officialy their last ever record, rip Desultory; good album but nothing exceptional)
Desecresy - The Mortal Horizon _____ (classic Finnish take on death metal, consistently good these guys)

Disappointments of the half-year would be Havok and Galaktikon aka Brendon Small.

Reactions: nizzon
If you omit all the filler material their albums are quite enjoyable still.

New Arch Enemy is also shit. I do not understand how such individually excellent musicians can make such sub-par music as a band.

Immolation is basically carrying 2017 by itself at this point.

Reactions: PowerBlade
Plastic Enemy, HEHE LETS RECRUIT JEFF LOOMIS AND LET HIM DO NOTHING HEHE MUST FOCUS ON BLUEHAIR SEX APPEAL HEHE
I still maintain that she's a really good vocalist, both clean and growled. But she's doing fuck-all in Arch Enemy now. And yes, they're wasting Jeff Loomis as well, of course.

She's got a decent clean voice but her growl has noticeable -core influences, which is why I personally can't stand her. Lots of people are shitting on him but I was perfectly happy with how Liiva sang. At least Loomis does solo stuff and Conquering Dystopia's album should be around the corner.

So I went on youtube and looked into this new Arch Enemy thing.

Meh'd again.

But at the very top of suggestions for AE listeners were this:

While avarage at best still better than AE lmao.

I didnt watch anything weeb on that acc so it's safe from suggesting me such things

tumblr_n4qb4d8Wa51toqhwfo1_500.gif

Meanwhile, Beneath released another good album - Ephemeris. This time less atmosphere, more groove, Blood Red Throne vibes at times. Long live Icelandic death metal.