Middle eastern music...

Originally posted by Devilish monster from the hill
what about Orphaned Land?
an oriental death metal group from Israel...
They totally kick ass!

--------------------------------------
www.orphaned-land.co.il
--------------------------------------
http://www.orphanedlandisrael.cjb.net/
---------------------------------------------------

Israel is not part of the middle east...

If ur lookin for middle eastern music, u wont find any metal stuff...but alot of it aint bad

if you like fusion with Indian Music, try :

V. Mohan Bhatt & Ry Cooder : a meeting by the river
V. Mohan Bhatt & Simon Shaheen : Saltanah (mix between indian & arabic music)

then try Jonas Hellborg, an awesome jazz bass player
He did some middle eastern influenced jazz (sometimes called ethno-jazz) with Shawn Lane (guitar), especially the last two are of this kind : zenhouse & good people in times of evil
the last one feature also V. Selvaganesh who is know for his participation in Remember Shakti

well of course considering fusion between indi

an music and jazz, shakti is a must ! all albums

then also before i am cut again by that bloody adm thing
try 'aram of the two rivers' by jonas helborg with musicians from syria

and last but not least, rabih abouh khalil from lebanon provide some awesome ethno jazz

fusion with metal is very rare however and it is often unsuccessful

was just thinking classic indian musicians

Ravi Shankar is well known
but try West meets East with Yehudi Menuhin (on violin)
another awesome disc !

then L. Subramanian, indian violonist : he is done some fusion albums but I just know his 'classic' ones : very technical stuff !

well then zakir hussain, etc ... and all the guys that played with mc laughlin in Shakti are all great musicians

Originally posted by Moshing Kosher

Israel is not part of the middle east...

If ur lookin for middle eastern music, u wont find any metal stuff...but alot of it aint bad

what the fuck? since when Israel is not part of the middle east?
I suggest you go buy a map...

Hey try Ravi Shankar he is one of the sitar greats.I have a couple of his cd's and there really nice to listen to especially when going to bed its just really soothing music.

Check out Dead Can Dance if you already haven't, they've got some great middle eastern sections. The rest is great too :D

hey trapped!

check out this project called MUSLIMGAUZE.

its by a guy out of manchester but its very influenced by traditonal mid. east music. his discography is over 100 albums deep!

download stuff from audiogalaxy, there are literally dozens of songs on there..he also has a website on mp3.com

plenty of hand percussion/tabla action going on. but it also combining some ambient electronics that will simply blow your mind!

Originally posted by Devilish monster from the hill

what the fuck? since when Israel is not part of the middle east?
I suggest you go buy a map...

Well many ppl consider Israel part of Europe ... not sure why since geographically its not... but hey.

Oh, and Dream Theater kick.

Ravi Shanker's daughter(forgot her name)has this new live release out not sure where it takes place but I listened to it the other day and I really enjoyed it.If your curious about it seek it out I think you will agree that its a great album:)