Middle Eastern metal???

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Thanks for everyone who recommended me some good PM releases.

I been having an interest lately to check out more middle eastern style metal bands (weather it's rooted in death/black/power/ect)...

Only bands I really listen to that have middle eastern elements are...

Nile, Orphan Land, Melechesh, Necronomicon (canada), Rudra,ect... I like to discover more bands that incoporare middle eastern/egyptian sounds in their music wether they play death, black, power, ect...

Thank you.

Arkan - a band that M-A actually says is from France, but if you look at their names, I doubt they are all of French origin. Their sound is similar to Orphaned Land if you had more death metal going on. Awesome stuff.

Amassefer - a blind purchase that was recommended to me a few ProgPower's ago. Another good Israeli band with the underrated yet prolific Mats Leven on vocals. Concept album about Exodus from the Old Testament

Al-Namrood - a Saudi Arabian black metal band. The name means "the non-believer", so you know what kind of stuff to maybe expect. However, they have a bit more "folk" in their sound, and it comes in the form of the sometimes awkwardly implemented traditional instruments of their people. Not for everyone, but I actually like it a whole lot.

These are bands that I know well and like. But another path is to go to Metal Archives and search by country. There are not very many, but there still are bands from areas like Iran, Iraq, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia that are potentially quite good. There is a metal spirit in some of these countries...just not as prevalent as, say Germany or Norway :)

One of my favorite bands in that genre is Pentagram ( Mezarkabul ). Great Turkish band that mix power metal with a doomy sounds. Highly recommended.

Den @ Sentinel Steel have a few Pentagram and a lot of other Turkish metal.

Link (Scroll down for Pentagram)

Carl sanders from nile has a side project, which i dont know the name of ( maybe "carl sanders" ??? LOL) but its all like acoustic Egyptian instruments i think. its pretty cool

Carl sanders from nile has a side project, which i dont know the name of ( maybe "carl sanders" ??? LOL) but its all like acoustic Egyptian instruments i think. its pretty cool

This one perhaps....?

200px-Karl_Sanders_SM.jpg

It is insane by the way.

both Karl Sanders solo albums (Saurian Meditations and Saurian Exorcisms) are great listens.

More rock n roll than metal, but I'll mention The Tea Party as a band to check out, and becoming more and more cover-song inspiring in extreme metal circles (Melechesh did a song, Hollenthon did another, Nevermore's doing one on their new album. I know Anders Friden has mentioned being a big fan in interviews past)

both Karl Sanders solo albums (Saurian Meditations and Saurian Exorcisms) are great listens.

More rock n roll than metal, but I'll mention The Tea Party as a band to check out, and becoming more and more cover-song inspiring in extreme metal circles (Melechesh did a song, Hollenthon did another, Nevermore's doing one on their new album. I know Anders Friden has mentioned being a big fan in interviews past)

THE TEA PARTY are an awesome band.

One of my favorite bands in that genre is Pentagram ( Mezarkabul ). Great Turkish band that mix power metal with a doomy sounds. Highly recommended.

One of my favorite bands, and Anatolia is one of my favorite metal cds of all time. I cannot recommend this band highly enough.