midi controller doesn't get recognized by usb...?

roeeby

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2008
hey all,
my perfectly working midi controller (m-audio axiom 61) just flipped the fuck out all the sudden and it just refuses to work.
when i plug it in my DAW it says "USB Device Not Recognized". won't work no matter how i manipulate it.
i deleted everything that even resembles m-audio and\or axiom in my windows registry - that seems to make things work, but only for a couple of minutes before the keyboard gets 'blacklisted' by the usb ports again...
i am really in the fucking dark here.
the keyboard seems to work perfectly until this happens.
has anyone had this problem, or has a bright idea?
thank you all very much in advance :)

Could be the 10x midi limit in Windows. M-Audio has a software tool that fixes this. Also, some USB midi devices need to be plugged into the same USB port every time.

Might be faulty hardware.
I had a Midisport 4x4 usb midi interface (which is now M-Audio) and I got the exact same problem.
Turned out to be a hardware problem. I let it go though because it was pretty old and I frankly dont expect
M-Audio to do anything about it.

i got problem with detecting my M-audio keyrig device in my laptop. Ive installed the driver couple of times, but still the driver is not there. Before i reformat my laptop, it works great! Maybe bcos its Vista Premium going Basic? i dunno.