Midi Out Question

James-Doolan

Jun 6, 2007
Sydney
Hey guys i need some help in relation to magical world of midi. So here the story i want to use my daw (Cubase 4) to select patches on on multi effects unit (G sharp) at certain points in a song for a live application.

We are a 3 piece band (2 guitars and vocals) and for live we will be running backing tracks and in ear monitor mixs from cubase 4 to saffire pro 26 to in ears and FOH.

Now i want to programme a midi track in the sequencer to tell the g sharp when to select certain patches during the songs so i dont need to worry about footswitches. And im not realy sure how to go about it normally i would just figure this kind of thing out on my own but got a gig on thursday and i still have to programme drums and keys for one song.

So has anyone here done this type of thing before and if so whats the quick guide on how to do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

look up the patch change MIDI CC# in the G Sharp manual.
connect the MIDI out of the interface to the MIDI in of you G Sharp.
make a MIDI track in Cubase. Set output to MIDI out of your interface.
go to the automation view for the patch change and automate.

look up the patch change MIDI CC# in the G Sharp manual.
connect the MIDI out of the interface to the MIDI in of you G Sharp.
make a MIDI track in Cubase. Set output to MIDI out of your interface.
go to the automation view for the patch change and automate.

Thanks il try that when i get home from work

Cubase.jpg

Ok so how do i automate the patch selector in cubase i tried changing it with read and write enabled and no dice. If i can get that sorted im happy as when i change a patch in the patch selector it changes on the g-sharp so at least i got that much figured out now all i need to do is automate this for the songs but i cant seem to automate it grrrr anyone know how to do this???

Nevermind i figered out how to insert programme changes in the midi list editor data 1 can be used to select the patches so im set now