Midi to audio: looking for a drummer-programmer and/or engineer

Vytas

New Metal Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hello everyone. I've used this forum before with success, for instance I'm about to submit guitar tracks for reamping to a guy I found here. This time I have to post myself, as the search results aren't quite enough. Just not sure if it's the right subforum section. The services I'd need would be taking care of my midi drum tracks and converting them to individual unprocessed wavs. The whole process could be separated to two stages and both done either by different persons or one - PMs with different offers are welcome. Firstly, I need a real drummer to review the midi files, listen to audio demos and make sure the parts are correct - this means, if you're hired to play the parts exactly as programmed, would it be physically possible without getting your hands tangled up. This doesn't concern style or taste and doesn't deal with timing and velocity. The material contains less than one hour of music. I would specify a few bars, not necessarily in every song, that I'm not quite happy with and ask for corrections (can be performed on an e-kit or edited directly in the midi) based on the original fills or patterns. Secondly, it's important to find the right samples, and it's not always that simple, as I realized from my recent experience. That's why I mention a sound engineer: I'm searching for a person who is capable of recognizing the raw samples that would sound like I want after being processed during the mix by a skilled producer (let's consider I have such a producer). I understand that compression, EQ, reverb and other tricks are essential in the final drum sound, but when the samples are too different from the desirable result from the very beginning, no processing can help. I would provide examples of the sound I like from recently released recordings. It's not an extremely modern sound, I should say - rather related to 80s metal. Despite my mediocre English, I'll try to express myself clearly. Now about what I'm ready to pay: I believe, summing up all the time spent, it's a one day's work, or a few hours for each stage, and I would expect a quote based on that (not by studio rates but rather as for a personal favour). Thank you!