Midnight's set

musicsnob

Cock of Knowledge
Mar 25, 2003
That has to be the weirdest thing I've ever seen in my entire life. A slow-motion train wreck that you couldn't take your eyes off. I don't know what his issues are, but he seemed like a very fragile, disturbed individual. I'm glad I saw it with my own eyes, because I would never have believed it otherwise. Those songs, for the most part, were just...weird. Man, that was odd! I don't know what else to say, except that if you missed it, you missed out.

When/where/how/what?

I'm sure most people know wtf this is all about, but i haven't been paying attention and i'm lost haha.

I did get a promo for Midnight's album "Sadaka" and it was one of the worst piece of shit albums ever. What happened to the [Crimson] Glory days?

You see, I hate to do this...
But I have to be very honest...

Midnight's set was probably the worst thing I've ever seen at ProgPower before. And that's coming from someone who's been coming to the fest for the past 6 years. I have never seen anything as weird or disturbing as it. I have no words for it. Was it some type of carnival side-show? Spoken word?

I almost broke down and called in for a pool table. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy about it. (apparently if there was a pool table, he wouldn't have sung)

I think some people will need counseling. I'm still speechless.

Um...wow.

I have to say that this is not the kind of performance I was expecting at any event related to the ProgPower festival. I've seen some pretty shit acts before, but this was the most unbearable set I have ever been witness to. I sorely miss not downing several dozen pints of beer to lubricate my listening senses. I almost never walk out on an act, and unfortunately I didn't this time either. If it were not for the fact that we were told that there was no re-entry, I would have skipped this train wreck. I have to say that, while I had not been much of a Circle II Circle fan, they put on a great show...in fact, following up this act made them sound like the greatest band on the planet. I am now a diehard CIIC fan and am ordering their entire discography and all the rest of their memorabilia. I am somewhat confused about the entire experience and I wonder if this could have possibly have been intentional.

My expectations for the fest this year weren't as high as previous years, but I am happier than a pig in shit right now because it can ONLY get better from here.

I for one will not be attending any future ProgPower festival that includes Midnight in any performing capacity whatsoever.

-Kao

Edit: InB4Zod.

I know I don't post a lot but uhh...

Can I sponsor someone to NOT play ProgPower in the future?

Yeah I figured he was going to do some shit like that, would have
been awesome to see Crimson Glory but I knew a Midnight solo
performance would be an iffy proposition. Glad CIIC was good!

Yeah, I was standing around before his set, contemplating whether I should jump ship early so I can get up for work at 5 in the morning or hang around for CIIC and feel like shit the next day. Two or so phrases came out of his mouth, and - needless to say - I feel quite refreshed and rejuvenated this morning :)

(I do regret not seeing CIIC, but today is a big day with 8 hours of work, 5 hours of driving, and more loud (retardedly loud) music :loco: ... at least I got to hear Zak and the EBS guys do Sirens)

You see, I hate to do this...
But I have to be very honest...

Midnight's set was probably the worst thing I've ever seen at ProgPower before. And that's coming from someone who's been coming to the fest for the past 6 years. I have never seen anything as weird or disturbing as it. I have no words for it. Was it some type of carnival side-show? Spoken word?

I almost broke down and called in for a pool table. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy about it. (apparently if there was a pool table, he wouldn't have sung)

I think some people will need counseling. I'm still speechless.
:OMG: I could never drink enough alcohol to forget that moment! It was so awful I had to go outside until his set was over! At least half the place emptied out during his show. I've seen hundreds of artists in my lifetime, but Midnight's set was by far the worst concert performance I have ever had the agony to witness in person. I didn't have high hopes for his performance in the first place, but he stunk up the joint far worse than even I could have imagined. Absolutely horrendous.:zombie::puke::erk::ill::rolleyes:

Yeah, I was standing around before his set, contemplating whether I should jump ship early so I can get up for work at 5 in the morning or hang around for CIIC and feel like shit the next day. Two or so phrases came out of his mouth, and - needless to say - I feel quite refreshed and rejuvenated this morning :)

(I do regret not seeing CIIC, but today is a big day with 8 hours of work, 5 hours of driving, and more loud (retardedly loud) music :loco: ... at least I got to hear Zak and the EBS guys do Sirens)
It was great seeing you at the show, RD! See ya at Hellish Rock tonight!:headbang:

Could someone write a detailed review of what happened for those of us who were not present last night?

It's hard to follow what happened with all these vague descriptions of it being horrible.