Midnight's set

Here is the question: After all the lynching that he got, was Midnight actually paid? Or was his cut taken from his hide?

I've met Mid once,and if you've talked to the dude,you know theres some serious shit going on in his head! That this performance is viewed as a nightmare...just look at his past track record,folks! The Midnight E.P., followed by the weirdness with the autographs,the accusations and the constantly changing web addresses. Then Midnight EP 2,which then became a full length with special art for the people that bought it etc... Sakada...which is utter and complete genius or complete rubbish,depending on which way you are leaning in to it....The dude is not right! Crimson Glory realized this quickly. Why do you think they sacked him so fast? His unstability is downright scary. But he is also capable of mesmerizing,haunting. Look at Pain,the original on the first EP. There was something that could have been great with the proper input. Instead,he turned it to madness.

You guys are lucky you got to witness one mans descent into insanity. Lets hope he turns it around some day,but I'm guessing this will end in a tragedy somewhere down the road

Could someone write a detailed review of what happened for those of us who were not present last night?

It's hard to follow what happened with all these vague descriptions of it being horrible.

This is probably one of the very rare times that I wish somebody managed to sneak a bootleg. I guess I would've had seen this to be believed. o_O

Yeah, all the talk I heard around the floor last night hinted that this was something, shall we say, "unique". :oops:

This is probably one of the very rare times that I wish somebody managed to sneak a bootleg. I guess I would've had seen this to be believed. o_O

Yeah, all the talk I heard around the floor last night hinted that this was something, shall we say, "unique". :oops:

Sunday night a VERY good boot of this will be up for all to enjoy.

Wow, maybe it's not so terrible that I missed Wednesday night for a test the next day (and the day after). Although, it certainly sounds like an "experience." What a sad occurance.

Heading down to the fest but wanted to reply. Midnight's set was a train wreck and it only encouraged apathy from the audience. C'est la vie I guess.

Circle II Circle did not disappoint :headbang:

I was a huge Crimson Glory fan in college, so Wednesday night was definitely a disappointment. Before the show, I had been raving to my friend about what a great band Crimson Glory was. By the end of the set (which appeared to end sooner than planned), I felt like I had to explain that the performance was NOT what I had expected!

I’ve been reading raves on this board about Midnight’s impromptu acoustic performance in a hotel hallway at a prior ProgPower -- so I’d be interested to hear a comparison from the folks who attended both. There was definitely something odd going on during Wednesday’s show.

On the other hand, the performance from Circle II Circle was worth MORE than the price of admission. I'd be perfectly happy to attend a Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat Zak Stevens festival. What a kick ass frontman! (And quite the trooper as well, to be on stage a week after foot surgery...)