Mikael Åkerfeldt, Steven Wilson, Mike Portnoy

Just read on Bravewords.com that Mikael gave an interview and said that Him, Mike Portnoy and Steven Wison will collaborate on an upcoming project,for "their love of music." Can download interview at www.bravewords.com. Another thing to look forward too.

Oh boy, them playing a porcupine tree song, NICE WAY TO GET THINGS OFF ON THE WRONG FOOT AND TURN THIS INTO YET ANOTHER STEVEN WILSON SIDE-PROJECT WITH THE OTHER MUSICIANS' IDENTITIES HARDLY MATTERING:erk:

Ok, let's just think about this logically. Portnoy's opinion is irrelevant. he seems to be the one who's just glad to be a part of it. SW and mikael have been wanting to do something for a while, so it's basically gonna be their project. Mike said they were looking to have some guests on it, so we'll see what happens there. He also said they were gonan record some old song that SW wrote and take things from there. From that kind of attitude, i take it as it's gonna be a purely SW and Mikael collaborative effort. mike will have a song and they'll work on it, and SW will have a song and they'll work on it. I figure the songs will be pretty heavy, but not nearly as heavy as SW and portnoy want them to be. Mikael seems fed up with that stuff. He seems to want to expand his sound.

BurningSky said:
Ok, let's just think about this logically. Portnoy's opinion is irrelevant. he seems to be the one who's just glad to be a part of it. SW and mikael have been wanting to do something for a while, so it's basically gonna be their project. Mike said they were looking to have some guests on it, so we'll see what happens there. He also said they were gonan record some old song that SW wrote and take things from there. From that kind of attitude, i take it as it's gonna be a purely SW and Mikael collaborative effort. mike will have a song and they'll work on it, and SW will have a song and they'll work on it. I figure the songs will be pretty heavy, but not nearly as heavy as SW and portnoy want them to be. Mikael seems fed up with that stuff. He seems to want to expand his sound.

Let's think about this REALISTICALLY:

It will sound like porcupine tree.:)

Jeez you guys are a bunch of negative thinking people. "Mike will do a side project? Fuck it, it will sound like Porcupine Tree". What a bunch of assholes. Just be glad Mike WILL be releasing new music in the near future.

i hope you don't think i was being negative... i fucking worship anything mike does. so if hes gonna do a project with portnoy and SW, then great.. i dont care who writes anything, i'll buy it. Mikael akerfeldt could record his own diarrhea and i'd say it's genius.