Mikaels favorite guitarists?

Andy Latimer, Ritchie Blackmore, Jukka Tolonen...

I guess there must be quite a many he likes actually.

"As for musicians...Guitars: Ritchie Blackmore, Jerry Donahue, Andy Latimer, Yngwie Malmsteen, Matthias Jabs, Wes Montgomery, Uli Roth, Michael Shenker, Robin Trower, Jimi Hendrix, Al DiMeola."

I was happy to see that Mike is a Di Meola fan. Al is the best guitarist ever, IMO. I'd love to see Opeth incorporate some flamenco into a song. Speaking of flamenco, John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia, Vicente Amigo, and Dave Beegle do some outsdanding flamenco guitar.

I also remember him credding Dave Murray and Adrian Smith in an interview for some guitar site a while back.

I was happy to see that Mike is a Di Meola fan. Al is the best guitarist ever, IMO. I'd love to see Opeth incorporate some flamenco into a song. Speaking of flamenco, John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia, Vicente Amigo, and Dave Beegle do some outsdanding flamenco guitar.

flamenco sure is great, wouldnt like to see it opeth style though

I also remember him credding Dave Murray and Adrian Smith in an interview for some guitar site a while back.

Not Janick Gers? I think he's better than both really. Smith is ok, but Murray uses too much vibrato. Don't care much for that.

And that Jukka Tolonen guy, is he from Wigwam or Tasavallan Presidentti? Or Haikara? I know he is from one of those,heh.:S All very good bands. I discovered them on progarchives. Didn't even know Finland had so many good prog bands already in the 70's.