Mikaels new solo project

I get the impression Steve Wilson wants to do something really heavy and Mike probably wants to do something mellow, so will be interesting to see what they come up with.

I'm almost 100% sure that I'll like Mikael's solo album but I don't know how it's gonna be. :rolleyes: Anyway, anything that Mikael does is brilliant so, I think that he will not disappoint us. I'm very anxious to see the result.

Jayzee sucks. The only rap group I can see him with is Wu-tang clan. That's if they are still together. RZA is a very accomplished writer and producer, his beats are very unique. I can't see Mikael with a commercial pop rap group, he would most likely gravitate to a more underground, non-mainstreamed type artists such as the one mentioned above.

I don't listen to rap anymore anyways, so I wouldn't know if there are any outstanding artists out there. I left the rap scene in 1996 after
"36 Chambers." Although, I came back shortly once Method Man came out with "Tical." That record was very good, but I soon lost interest with all the commercial type groups that soon followed.

Mike hates hip hop regardless, and so do I.
America, unfortunately, is turning into a "hip hop" nation. From sales slogans to commercial ads and so on... America is proudly bending over to Mr.Hip Hop. Why? WhoTF knows!

Imagine if you will, a Kids Bop style Metal album where they change the lyrics to be something wholesome and all the kids that sing try to growl and scream.

Id buy it.

i have nothing against rap. im not into that gangsta stuff but i occassionally enjoy some rapcore stuff (ratm, cypress hill) and some experimental stuff including shadow, vadim and clouddead.

HOWEVER i dont get one thing.

how do people turn from rap to metal? whats the story there?

"Slow train co" project i guess, is ressurected or something. Jonas Renkse must did perfect avantgarde vocal in style of Robert Smith or Mark Hollis. Mikael probably did a magnificent guitar work like David Gilmour or Tomi Iommi. ;-)