Mikael's Long-Lost Lovechild from previous fling.

Kloris

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2004
United States
oink.has.it
I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but I met a dood. He said his name is Matt Akerfeldt, he plays guitar, and his accent is very similar to mikaels, including growls. He said he never knew his parents.

Mikael, quit having babies man... I know its fun and all. Women are meant to be carved up and used to make clothes, not make babies in... you silly goose.. and quit buying those shitty records.. you know as soon as you die, people are gonna be all up in your house like "Wow! Look, a record. Too bad the ol' bastards dead and has no use for them..... MINE!!" :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

I am listening to Like Candy Corn too. I love the way Mikael uses the sound of
Tsunami's as the background for his screaming and growling that he overdubbed
over 1000 times. I am glad Satanic Dirge came with such a library of literature
dedicated to the so many ways we die. Great stuff indeed.

Yeah, satanic dirge is an awesome piece of music.

I really, really like the Pain of Salvation cover "Christianity ends" on it and "Blast Furnace" is also pretty nifty

threadisghey.jpg

since this thread has imploded, i'd just like to say that the new dark tranquillity fucking slays, possibly their best yet and definitely better than anything in flames has ever done

sorry to say but "Jester Race" is better than "character" arguably...
that was then...when In Flames had testicles.
In flames thought they owned dark tranquillity's "Haven" with their "Clayman"...but wow, it's real tremendous how much "Character" crushes "Tribute to your Jonathan Davis"

cthulufhtagn said:
possibly their best yet and definitely better than anything in flames has ever done
ill possibly agree that character is their best yet. but to say its better than anything in flames has ever done? id re-evaluate that...after your "post hearing new good album shock" phase is over.

hmm Character. I was never big on DT, and whilst Character seems like a solid release, it only continues on with a similar sound and style of their past releases. Whilst this is a great thing for fans, it doesn't mean much to me. In Flames on the other hand kicked my ass all the way until Colony, with TJR and Whoracle especially kicking my ass. I honestly don't think DT are even in the same league as old In Flames, but that's just my opinion.

I just picked up a signed copy of Satanic Dirge off Ebay from Mike. Supposedly it's number 16 of the 104 that were printed with the Opeth logo in red. I don't think there's any way to prove it though since the numbering system is cryptic to say the least. I'll just have to trust Mike on that one. Paid $160.