Mikael's growling on diffrent albums.

Mikael says he doesn't strain his voice at all when he's growling, because he doesn't use his vocal cords. It's gutteral or something. He strains his voice more singing with a clean voice. So in my opinion he doesn't fuck up his voice growling.

And Deliverance has great growling man. Listen to this peace when he growls "thrown to the deepest void, departed shel left drained behaaaaaiiiind". Pure fucking EVIL, this is Satan growling at you!

I like Still Life and BWP's the best. Deliverance doesn't sound very different from those, so I guess because I like the albums better, they're my preferred growl. His clean singing was best on SL. Orchid's growl is actually slightly better than Morningrise, because Mikael is a lot less screechy. His clean voice on Morningrise is much better, however.

Mikael Åkerfeldt has the most beautiful growling voice I have ever heard. It sound so natural, like he does not have to endeavour (?) at all, it just float through him as this dark, demonic force. That's what he sounds like, a demon. And the fact that his clean vocals is also so damn beautiful, just makes me more certain in my case. I am in love with a voice.

I think the song BWP is the best vocal work I've heard. That growl once the heavy part starts up again is so good. "Lepers coil 'neath the trees" That part owns. The whole song is excellent. Blackwater Paaarrrkkk.