Mike LePond Interview April 22nd

Yes, it is a silly argument, but I'd like to state in closing, there are 6 and 8 string basses in plenty, and even some with 12 strings and multiple necks. :p

Also, I'd put my looks up against yours anyday hahaha! :p
I also got 59/60 in the RACI National Chemistry quiz, and was awarded with a plaque. Also, since noone in WA got 60/60, I can say I'm the best in the state hahaha. :p

meh.

I also got 59/60 in the RACI National Chemistry quiz, and was awarded with a plaque. That was when I decided to take up the bass.

fixed! :D

Haha, so maybe you're one of a kind as far as bass players go... :zombie:

Actually, from talking to u you're probably the smartest bass player I've spoken to... (the fact that u can hold a conversation proves that... :cool: )

:lol:

Ah well, when you listen to the radio interview, you'll probably find LePond can hold a conversation too. ;)

There is chemistry in music though... Acid and Bass ya know.
The acid refers to what most guitarists have an addiction to. :loco: o_O

You're probably the only guitarist I've conversed with that realises that bass is actually necessary.:p

Only because my fave bass players include:

Billy Sheehan
Lars K Norberg- Spiral Architect
John Myung- Dream Theater
Pete Perez- Spastic Ink
Mike Lepond- Symphony X

all players who don't just play the root note, but contribute counter-melodies and riffs which are ultra fast and technical (I guess they must really want to be guitar players in secret... :p ) and make a vital contribution to the song by playing their instrument to the limits... :headbang:

Are u like that??? :err:

Pretty much... I'll play root notes if the part demands/sounds best with it, but I try to be as creative as possible... limiting yourself to root notes is dangerous. :p

Guitar players in secret? For one, it's pretty likely most of those dudes are good at guitar too, even though they are bassists... I know for a fact that Sheehan also plays guitar, but I haven't heard his guitar work (I assume that it wouldnt be virtuosic like his bass, but still great nonetheless). Secondly, no doubt you know, there is a completely different dynamic to bass and guitar, especially if you play fingerstyle like I (and the above bassists) do. Of course, if you're in a punk band, there is no dynamic so both instruments are easy (not to be taken personally by any potential punk fans on here lol). My friend can't play my bass without a pick (he's a geetarerist) and still can't play as fast or accurate as I can on the bass... a Maiden riff would kill him. :p
By all means though, I'm no virtuoso yet... only been playing just over 2 years.:kickass: :saint:

But yeah, I definately focus on being melodic, taking an active role in music (not play root 8th notes and hiding in the shadow of the guitarists wall of cabs :p), and being technically/musically adept... I'm going through a theory book and all... currently acquiring a classical collection too! :D
Kinda wish I did music in school though lol.

Well, I figured id share some news with you guys on the new album... From leponds mouth!

Tentative Release Date: June 26th
Album Title: Paradise Lost
Album Length: Approx 1 hour

Apparently its their heaviest album TOO date, they also threw in a ballad which they have not done in some time! And perhaps the most important thing, in novemberish, concert with Dream Theater... WOOT!!

Well, I figured id share some news with you guys on the new album... From leponds mouth!

Tentative Release Date: June 26th
Album Title: Paradise Lost
Album Length: Approx 1 hour

Apparently its their heaviest album TOO date, they also threw in a ballad which they have not done in some time! And perhaps the most important thing, in novemberish, concert with Dream Theater... WOOT!!

WOOT!

Maybe they'll tour Australia together... I would probly faint with joy... :worship:

Dang... I was hoping for a double-disc album, and if not, over 70 mins in length. It's still gonna blow my face off, regardless, I'm sure.
I am looking forward to hearing them do a ballad :)
Touring with DT - Complete awesomeness! :headbang:

Still good, to see those 2 bands in concert any day...

Yeah, and you definitely appreciate it when you're from Australia too... I creamed my pants when John Petrucci held a free clinic here WITH Dave LaRue, followed by Mike Portnoy signings a day later.:kickass:

Thanks KWTFWORLDWIDE, I now have a new love. ;):worship: