mikeal "the hippy"

Bored

Jul 21, 2004
read in an article a while back that mikeal was supposed to do some side project 70s band thing (not sorskogen). my stoner memory is failing me right now however i do remember reading something about a 70s ish kinda tour he wanted to do with some other bands playing tribute songs and what not... any thoughts or does anyone know the truth to what the hell im talking about,,? "cough cough"

{clean vox} "There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold...{/clean vox}

{heavy vox} "And as we wind on down the road..." {/heavy vox}

Bored said:
read in an article a while back that mikeal was supposed to do some side project 70s band thing (not sorskogen). my stoner memory is failing me right now however i do remember reading something about a 70s ish kinda tour he wanted to do with some other bands playing tribute songs and what not... any thoughts or does anyone know the truth to what the hell im talking about,,? "cough cough"
The only thing I remember along these lines was Mikeal and Steven were going to do a tribute to a 70s folk singer named Linda Perhacs, but I have never heard another word about that since it was mentioned.

Yicjdic said:
The only thing I remember along these lines was Mikeal and Steven were going to do a tribute to a 70s folk singer named Linda Perhacs, but I have never heard another word about that since it was mentioned.

I spoke to Mikael about meeting Linda at the house of blues on the sunset strip in hollywood, i was there as well, but didnt get to meet her unfortunately, for her music is fantastic...but perhaps then is when the discussion took place, for that was the tour when Opeth was with porcupine tree as well.

vicdjik sounds like he might be on t something but who knows? now im certain that it was really mentioned as i was skeptical since there really wasnt any kind of follow up to it

It would certainly make an interesting album... but I would probably disagree with a tour, especially because it takes time away from Opeth.

hippy-peace.jpg

Hippie stuff eh? Dunno, there has been some talk about Mikael doing something with Spiritual Beggars isn't it. Hope something comes out of that...