Mike's new blog...

what strikes me about opeth, is how original and fresh their sound is. everyone has influences, and mike even admits to ripping off other bands.

"I can't say "That new part" and "The other new part"...I always find a reference in other bands or a mishmash of bands."

but, all of opeth's music still sounds fresh...to a certain extent, uninfluenced. even sections that are blatantly ripped off still definetely have the opeth vibe, not that of the band they ripped off. for example, "benighted" and camel's (i don't remember the name of the song. someone, help.)...two entirely different songs, that start with an identical riff.

What the fuck?! Are you retarded or just plain old fucked up? NO! If Cradle released something amazing, i would bloody well say so! Damnation And A Day was flat out amazing, But Thornography, is to my taste, pure shite. Now I think that Blackwater Park is amazing, and GR will never be as good, but that's just my opinion! Why the hell would people have been bagging out GR all of the time?

ftlog stop being such an attention seeker already

Amen to that!!:kickass: :kickass:

Although I kinda agree, what's the point of posting that you don't like something? I mean, you have the right to do it, but, what's the big idea?

the point is regarding something. if we all had the same opinion someone would have post a msg, saying "opeth, right?" and everyone will go "yeah..! def!".
and.. thats it.
the whole point of a forum is expressing your feelings, weather someone might like it or not.

that said, Mike is the Cesar of the universe, and the new album is going to be mind blowing!
:kickass:

I can just emphasize that music is a very subjective thing.
So please just post your own opinions and don't start pissing on other people's view.

So, what I wanted to say about this upcoming record:
I'm listening to Opeth for maybe a year. There are a lot of prog-rock bands out there and I appreciate the brutal style Opeth's music comes with. This is what makes them different and worth listening to me. So hopefully the new album won't lose that in conjunction with the "progressiveness".

When Beethoven was writing his 5th did he write in his blog "oh i'll just combine a little Bach, some Scarlatti chops and a touch of Mozart, I think my fans will be really impressed" No! There's a difference between drawing on influences to create an original work (MAYH), and defining a work solely by reference to those influences (~100% of modern music). Music is not a recipe with a certain number of ingredients, the ratio of which conditions its quality.

Fuck you have to be thee dumbest fucker on this forum aye, you make Metal_wrath look like Einstein!!!

what strikes me about opeth, is how original and fresh their sound is. everyone has influences, and mike even admits to ripping off other bands.

"I can't say "That new part" and "The other new part"...I always find a reference in other bands or a mishmash of bands."

but, all of opeth's music still sounds fresh...to a certain extent, uninfluenced. even sections that are blatantly ripped off still definetely have the opeth vibe, not that of the band they ripped off. for example, "benighted" and camel's (i don't remember the name of the song. someone, help.)...two entirely different songs, that start with an identical riff.

Never Let Go ftr

is it legal to crap our pants over such awesome information?

seriously how awesome is this shit gonna be:
one's totally murky forest-ish sounding dark prog-rock with loud vocals that shifts between major and minor, one tedious ugly/pretty little hobbit sounding symf part with moogs over a classical guitar, some soundtrack-ish sounding ones etc...

omgeez

Roundhouse/UK gig DVD: Well, the music is mixed
and it sounds nothing less than awesome I must say. The
film material is also edited and it looks great too! We went
through a lot of fan interviews as well which was hilarious.
Most of the interview material that was shot is going to be
used, although there were severe audio problems with some
and those can't be used for that reason. I was struck by
how drunk all of you fuckers were....great!!

SHOULD HAVE INTERVIEWED US PRIOR TO THE DRINKING CARNAGE! :oops:

I was pretty much dumb-founded in response to every question...