Mike's new blog...

Yeah, I thought Germans drank a lot of beer (38 Liters/person/annually). And then I read that Northern Australians drink somewhere on the order of 54 Liters/person. Nice!

Doesn't suprise me, bleedin knats pee lemonade they serve down under. :rolleyes:

Try some of our English real ale, 2 or 3 litre's and you fall on the floor. hehehe

Nothing personal Aussie peeps, us poms love you all unless we're playing cricket. :D

Anyway, BOT...

Mike new blog!

Belgians drink minimum 3 liters a day. No one can mess with the Belgians' drinking skills.

biggsy said:
yeah your fizzy weak excuses for beer!

Belgian beer > all other beer.
I hear they make Australian beer by mixing one half of Belgian beer with one half of water.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;6003119 said:
Hi guys!

You can be calm, it won't be more of a rip off album or uninspired shit than any of the other records we've done. But I can't guarantee you'll like it or deem it "progressive" enough. I'll await judgement...

Mike

Oh well, In my opinion you shouldn't worry too much about what people might think of what you're writing or how the new album will sound or whatever. Just as long as we are all aware of the fact that we all just like to be carried away by music sometimes and Opeth offers a lot in that field.

I was watching "The History of Rock and Roll" and both David Gilmour and Peter Framton came on and said "The minute you start writing songs for the fans or the record label is when it turns to shit'....ie... when writing music...write for one person...YOU!!!...I immediately thought of this thread and MA and Opeth...

Clearly you shouldn't be writing music that you think your fans will like, but its impossible not to have people's perceptions in mind when you write a song. And the pressure of pleasing lots of fans isn't something anyone on this board can relate to.