Mendez' fart

Sweden has way more great bands than Finland, but what Mike is referring to is the fans. No country has such a strong metal following than Finland - it's almost like a national movement! Metal records always top the charts, here's one recent example:

"Watershed", the new album from Swedish metallers Opeth, has topped the Finnish national chart in its first week of release — with the latest CD from DISTURBED ("Indestructible") coming in at No. 2.

(In Opeth's home country, Sweden, it debuted at #7.)

Well, at least the gig was good... can't agree with that metal country thing. We've only few truly ambitious metal bands here. Players are skillful, but there's only few interesting bands here. All the mainstream metal bands here suck.

Well, at least the gig was good... can't agree with that metal country thing. We've only few truly ambitious metal bands here. Players are skillful, but there's only few interesting bands here. All the mainstream metal bands here suck.

I think he means that there's a large percentage of the Finnish people who are into metal. At least when you compare it to other countries.

Sweden does have a lot of metal bands, but not that many great ones I think. Not as it used to be.

Playing in Sweden is bad compared to playing in Finland. They have better venues, the people who work there actually seem to want the bands to come back. In Sweden many times you leave the place with a bad taste in your mouth. The fans are always great wherever you play but we have our smallest fanbase in Sweden, which is odd considering we're from there.

When I said Finland is "the" metal country I meant the fans and the support from the organisers etc. I'm indifferent to metal scene as far as the bands goes. I don't have a clue what's hot and I'm not interested since most of what I've heard lately hasn't done anything for me.

With that said, we're in Sweden now, playing KB in Malmo tonight, and I hope this will be a good run. Needless to say all 4 Finish gigs were outstanding for us.

Cheers
Mike

Sweden does have a lot of metal bands, but not that many great ones I think. Not as it used to be.

Playing in Sweden is bad compared to playing in Finland. They have better venues, the people who work there actually seem to want the bands to come back. In Sweden many times you leave the place with a bad taste in your mouth. The fans are always great wherever you play but we have our smallest fanbase in Sweden, which is odd considering we're from there.

When I said Finland is "the" metal country I meant the fans and the support from the organisers etc. I'm indifferent to metal scene as far as the bands goes. I don't have a clue what's hot and I'm not interested since most of what I've heard lately hasn't done anything for me.

With that said, we're in Sweden now, playing KB in Malmo tonight, and I hope this will be a good run. Needless to say all 4 Finish gigs were outstanding for us.

Cheers
Mike

Have you heard Swallow the Sun? Quite an amazing Finnish talent!