Milano concert!

I looked around for you - and quickly dismissed a couple of guys because they were definitely not 1,73! ;) - but it was impossible to figure out who you might be. I hoped maybe we stood out enough for you to ask if it was us, but we didn't spend enough time mingling with the crowd anyway. Next time for sure, ok?

ehhehe, yeah... I was actually crushed in the first 2-3 rows, so I could take off my hoodie to show my DT-italia t-shirt. I just did it in the end, standing for some time next to the exits to see if someone would cheer me. But only some italian guys did. next time for sure :)

Nt3N: I have only one question for you - where was your name-tag? :err:

I wore mine during the show. If everyone had, I'm sure we'd have met. :Smug:

-Villain

Hehe, nice avatar Villain. I changed my signature accordingly.

I'll try to remember it... the order might be different, but the songs should be all.

Intro: custom intro I think never played before

The Treason Wall
Focus Shift
The New Build
FreeCard
The Wonders At Your Feet
Dreamlore Degenerate
The Lesser Faith
Inside The Particle Storm
Lost To Apathy
Nothing To No One
Insanity's Crescendo - with female vocals
Yesterworld (intro)
Edenspring
ThereIn
Punish My Heaven
The Mundane And The Magic - with female vocals
Lethe
My Negation
Final Resistance
Terminus

Outro: Ex Nihilo

BLOODY GRAND SET-LIST!!! :headbang: :kickass:

Wow, ThereIn, Yesterworld and Dreamlore Degenerate!!! :headbang:

It really seems it was a great concert!!!

I saw the videos and well if the ones up-loaded by "Ginmetal" are bootlegs (HQ apparently), I can't imagine how good will this concert be.

Daniel ( :) ) Antonsson seems to unite in a great way with the band, I hope he stays as a permanent member.

It's still sad that Mickey wasn't there, he left the band so close to the gig, it would've been nice if he could've waited :erk: .

But he has diabetes, so I totally understand him, I actually thought he was going to leave before.

No one will replace Mickey that's for sure, but Daniel seems worthy of being DT's new bass player from what I can tell :headbang: .

Congratulations DT, you did it again! :kickass:

All I can hope now is for the DVD to have lots of extras! I'll send all the photos and footage that I have!

Cheers! :headbang:

Daniel

I didn't wear mine and we still met. ;)
(At least i brought it all the way there :oops:)

I actually looked around in the crowd a few times to see if i could spot anyone who looked like Nt3N (i think i have seen pics of his back somewhere), but i didn't see anyone who looked even remotely like him.

Daniel Antonsson seems to unite in a great way with the band, I hope he stays as a permanent member.
I have to give my two cents on that. I admit i didn't really pay attention to him (i was too absorbed by the songs and the whole show), and i'm certainly not an expert at recognizing the individual instruments in a mix (i actually suck at that). But what really made an impression on me is that at some point, during one part of a song, i could really make out the bass sound and what he was playing, and it was clear and beautiful to me. Unfortunately i didn't have such a moment with Micke, however much i appreciated his playing and his stage presence. So, i'm optimistic about Daniel, and i have hopes that he will bring something new in.

^ Agreed, I have high hopes for him too :) .

What I noticed is that he has this "old-school-Death-Metal" vibe to him by having long hair. Not that the other members don't have it like that (except Anders of course), but he reminds me of when DT was younger, ca. The Gallery stage; you know, common guys with black shirts and long hair that make covers of Kreator and Iron Maiden hehe.

I also noticed on the videos that Mikael was wearing a different shirt from the normal black one with buttons, change is always welcome :) .

If anybody has pics, post the links here please!

Question: Did Henriksson use an acoustic guitar for the start of Insanity's Crescendo? Regardless, yay for the female vocals!

No, he just used a Les Paul and a chair :)
And i think that he kind of simplifyed the intro guitar. I also think that the girl who was singing the female vocals didn't know the lyrics and was reading them from a paper on the ground, i'm not sure but i think she also made a couple of mistakes.
But she was great in The Mundane and the Magic.

edit: DON'T get me wrong, all in all Insanity's Crescendo sounded fucking awesome :)

It's kind of hard to find the right words to describe the whole concert so I'll just list a few things that stood out for me:

I'll start with the few negatives:

- I COULDN'T GET TO THE FUCKING FRONT ROW! I thought we had a good plan: we'd push our way through the crowd near the end of Poisonblack's set when supposedly some of their fans were leaving. Well, guess what, the plan didn't survive contact with the enemy: literally none of them were leaving. After numerous attempts to break through we were stuck on about row 4 with some huge guys right in front of us blocking our view completely. At that point I was getting desperate, but luckily Rahvin had the idea of getting up on the balcony, from which we could actually see the whole show probably better than from anywhere else. Still, it was the first time in all these years that I was not in the front row when DT was playing and I'm just so damn disappointed in myself that I'll probably never get over it. :mad:

- The rather small, but otherwise excellent background-video projection got fucked up at some point (BenQ!); which was more hilarious than annoying, but I understand the band was probably disappointed.

- The female singer had some minor trouble with Insanity's Crescendo. I'll need to hear it again to know what exactly went wrong, but in a part or two it just didn't sound like everyone expected. It wasn't anything terrible, and certainly didn't ruin the song, but it could have been better.

And then some of the many positives:

- Excellent performance by the band! For as far as I can tell, they were really in top form. Of course there's probably a small mistake here and there, but the overall experience was truly wonderful. The new guy did well and will hopefully become a permanent member.

- Amazing audience! It might be that I just don't usually pay any attention to the audience (because I'm usually in the fucking front row...), but from up there it really seemed like the best fucking audience on any DT-gig I've ever been to. Everyone was just so into it! Crowdsurfers everywhere, a massive pit in the middle - it really looked great and the band obviously appreciated it a lot.

- The female singer was a most welcome surprise, and despite the aforementioned troubles on Insanity's Crescendo, she performed well.

- Near-perfect setlist. You've all seen it posted already, so I don't really need to say anything, but the highlights for me were FreeCard, Edenspring, Inside the Particle Storm and The Mundane and the Magic.

- The background video projection was, the technical troubles notwithstanding, simply amazing. It showed both old and new DT-related artwork and went very well with the music for the most part. At times I was so captivated by it that I just ignored what was happening on the stage! I absolutely must have that as a screensaver for my PC.

I could continue the list with plenty of smaller details, but I think those were the main points. I just can't wait for the DVD.

-Villain

- I COULDN'T GET TO THE FUCKING FRONT ROW! Still, it was the first time in all these years that I was not in the front row when DT was playing and I'm just so damn disappointed in myself that I'll probably never get over it. :mad:

Martin H was really disappointed in you too :)
I think you failed him as a fan :lol:

Next time, i promise i will try to be in the front row too. And hopefully then i will succeed.

As for the female singer, i'm pretty positive it was Nell. I agree with what Cuth and Villain said, it definitely sounded like she fucked up the lyrics in Insanity's Crescendo a couple of times, and on some line she tried to do her own thing. It certainly wasn't bad or out of tune or anything like that, it was just a bit different. I'm sure it will sound better when i listen to it again a couple of times, but it was a bit of a disappointment when it's such a legendary song that you've played loud and in your head thousands of times. And it's definitely a bummer when you're trying to sing along with it. :Smug:
But she was ok on The Mundane and The Magic, sounded pretty much like the cd.

edit: I have to add that i absolutely loved Mikael's vocals. Especially the old-style Gallery-kind of growls, they seem to require more effort but were delivered flawlessly, were integrated perfectly, and managed to chill spines.

- I COULDN'T GET TO THE FUCKING FRONT ROW!

- The rather small, but otherwise excellent background-video projection got fucked up at some point (BenQ!); which was more hilarious than annoying, but I understand the band was probably disappointed.

- The female singer had some minor trouble with Insanity's Crescendo. I'll need to hear it again to know what exactly went wrong, but in a part or two it just didn't sound like everyone expected. It wasn't anything terrible, and certainly didn't ruin the song, but it could have been better.

I just can't wait for the DVD.

Hehe that sucks, but you were there so I don't see any reason to complain.

So what was the problem? Did the images/videos stopped and then nothing but the BenQ logo appeared? That must have been funny :lol:

Ahhh it's a pity that she didn't know the lyrics, I really like her voice anyhow, I'll have to see the videos to comment more on this.

EDIT:

Just saw the videos of Insanity's Crescendo and The Mundane and the Magic. I am quite sure that the vocalist is Nell, but I can't really be 100% sure by watching the videos.

She was definitely reading on Insanity's Cerscendo, that sucks hehe :Smug: . She made a pause right before "confusion" so she was a bit behind. She did great on The Mundane and the Magic, she interacted a lot with the public and even made Mikael laugh and miss a few words :p .

My comments are less enthusiastics it seems.

The setlist in itself was great, but it was actually for more than half exactly the same than on previous tour. I was hoping Dry Run would be played for exemple but no, it was Lost To Apathy, My Negation and The New Build. If the two first are DT hits, I think we can live without the third...

Same goes with Empty Me : in Paris at least the keyboard part was the intro of the show and then ... The Treason Wall whereas Empty Me would have been an amazing intro song.

To sum up, I was hoping more risk taking on the setlist and less songs from first DVD

Playing Yesterworld intro only was very frustrating to me and for an anniversary tour, I would have loved at least one song from Skydancer / Of Chaos.

Freecard new intro was awfull. Maybe just because original intro rocks.

I also recognize Nell did not know the lyrics of Insanity's Crescendo. If I was to get filmed for a DVD, i would really learn the lyrics by heart, I dont think one song is that hard to learn all the more it is not even all the song

Niklas and Martin seemed just exhausted to me

The stage was not hight enough : that's why even if someone was tall, it was difficult to see the band from the pit if you were not in front rows

Dark Tranquillity played at 8pm whereas it was 10pm in France : I entered the venue as they were going on stage ... ok I am the one to blame :p

Who was the fucking huge guy in the pit?

I did not find NT3N :(

Lets be more positive now :

Italian people : you rock even if you suck at speaking english. People are here to have fun and respect each other. In Italy you do crowd surfing gently. In France you have fuckers during all the show going on stage and diving violently into the pit while the pit is actually more a rugby playground than a Dark Tranquillity pit (let alone the jerks shouting during "Inside The Particles Storm" just because we can hear them...)

Italian staff : you rock too, you treat the audiance well even if we bother the poor DVD staff trying to film the show

Mikael rocked as usual :)

Daniel seem to be a pretty cool guy

Insanity's Crescendo with intro even if shorter was a very good surprise! Next DVD we get Lethe? :)

Good sound which is not a luck I often have during DT shows. Was even better in Paris so I was maybe right thinking headlining would allow them to have a better sound

I also liked the video behind the band except the spoiling part : displaying "Project ..." before playing "Freecard" just spoil the surprise.

Very nice lights too

Nt3N: I have only one question for you - where was your name-tag? :err:

-Villain

I didn't have the chance to print it and lost rahvin's number for the meeting.. I was waring my DT Italia t-shirt, but no-one came to say hi, apart from italian guys... :confused: