Milano DVD

I can't express my happiness when seeing that this will be one of the best live albums ever released!!! :headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :Smokin:

I just noticed that the quality is incredible, a friend told me it looks like a video (like the ones for each song, dunno the specific name), and it's true! That, for a live concert, is an incredible feat!!!

You mean a music video or video clip. All good tho, we know what you meant.
It indeed does look like they took great care in making the sound and video of the highest possible quality. Also makes me wonder how much, if at all, they tweaked the sound afterwards.
Have pre-ordered the 2DVD version, not sure if I'll receive it before the anniversary party but no biggie.

^ Yeah yeah exactly :p .

So yes, the quality looks excellent, there were points in which it looked pretty BD-like I must admit. I guess it was filmed with HD cameras?

Anyhow, I got excellent news today!

NB.de just sent me a confirmation e-mail saying that the DVDs are on the way!!! Hurrah!!!! :headbang::Smokin::kickass:

I can't wait!! (The new Destruction one is also coming! :headbang:).

Amazon.de sent the confirmation today: It is on its way - hopefully it will be here soon. Oh wait, I am in Germany it will be here tomorrow.

I expected more writing from the first forum member that saw the DVD, but I guess you're too busy watching the other one :p .

That (the documentation is awesome as well, although I liked the first DVD more, but that is personal preference though. It definitely had some really interesting moments) and the facts that I just came home from a 9,5 h lecture at university, am sick and have to get up early tomorrow, so I will brush my teeth now and then hop into bed. I will write some more tomorrow or on Sunday.

That (the documentation is awesome as well, although I liked the first DVD more, but that is personal preference though. It definitely had some really interesting moments) and the facts that I just came home from a 9,5 h lecture at university, am sick and have to get up early tomorrow, so I will brush my teeth now and then hop into bed. I will write some more tomorrow or on Sunday.

Haha OK. Wow a 9,5 hour lecture, about what? Must've been horrible :ill: .

I have to wait two weeks or more.

Same here, hurrah for us people of continents other than Europe! :p

Ah thanks for clarifying that for this old man.

:lol: sorry. To be honest, I only discovered the abbreviation myself until recently (when I got [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Watchmen-Directors-Exclusive-Digital-BD-Live/dp/B002BNKQDK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1256420194&sr=8-1"]this[/ame] magnificent movie. Wow the price has really increased. I bought it at ca. $75, lucky me).

simply terrific. Quality every inch. Credit to DT =) Listening to this makes me wonder why they even bother to torture themselves in the studio instead of just recording it live?? I think every single track on the dvd is better than on the fiction disc, simply because they have the only thing i thought fiction was missing, dynamics and energy. Though Mikaels performance is not quite as flawless as i had expected, still great.

Also have a question for niklas regarding the cover, is it a 100% computer generated? Looking at the man, the structure of the pencil ink and tone makes me wonder if u have used some sort of "torrnålsteknik" (sorry dont know the english name). Its great anyhow, as usual.

I just got it! Nuclear Blast rules, it got really fast here!!!

EDIT:

Wow, when you pay €22 for shipping it's really worth it, it basically took 1 week to get from Germany to my hands. Not only that, but first to the U.S. and then to C.R.! Pretty amazing I say, I guess Fed-Ex doesn't lie :p .

Now the DVD…

What can I say? It's close to perfection. I didn't like that there were so many songs of Fiction (6 out of 21? 15 songs for 7 albums? Hmmm.) and that there were no songs from Skydancer. And well the cover, which as I said before I don't like. It'd be great to have just the guy, but the heart/wings/whatever on the background doesn't look good IMO.

But the rest, pure perfection. Everything is spot on, the sound is perfect, the video is perfect, the band is perfect. This truly is how a DT live release should be, not like the previous fiasco. It's too bad that Nell was reading in Insanity's Crescendo, she doesn't move much (she was certainly nervous, you can tell), but her vocals were an excellent addition to the songs, truly spot on. The background videos were magnificent, especially in Terminus (I think the synchro of the image with the rhythm of the guitars is pretty outstanding).

Will comment (someday) on the 2nd DVD, which I haven't seen.

In general, exceptional. Congratulations guys, feel proud!!! :headbang: :kickass: