Milwakke Metal Fest 2000?

My Still Life

New Metal Member
Feb 26, 2004
What was so bad about it?

In all the katatonia members profiles it says this was their worst live experience...

I am sure Blakkheim can answer this. :cry:

I think it was because of bad organisation, they had to play really early and as a result hardly any people came to see them, the sound/equipment sucked and they could play only very shortly.

In other words, everything about it sucked.

MadTinus said:
I think it was because of bad organisation, they had to play really early and as a result hardly any people came to see them, the sound/equipment sucked and they could play only very shortly.

In other words, everything about it sucked.

The room was packed, that was not the problem. As I know it, they borrowed the gear from Grey Skies Fallen, and they we're not comfortable with the gear. On top of that (and playing Milwaukee Metalfest, I know this) the stage monitors were shit. The vocalist simply can not hear himself, making it near impossible to stay in key. All of this on top of the most unorganized, and unprofessional fest in the entire world, is a recipe for misery.

I was at the show in Milwaukee, they weren't horrible, but they weren't great either. They did get to play right before Opeth that night though, so that was a pretty cool slot in my opinion.

I did get a chance to ask Matthias about it when they were in Cleveland last year and he basically said it was the fact they didn't have their own equipment to use, and also that they basically were treated like shit there. He said that they were trying to get into the venue the second day and no one would let them in even thought they had played the night before. Definitely the vicitms of an unprofessional promoter.