Milwaukee Metalfest vs. Progwest

Eric, I must mention that the point of this thread is not to make anyone jealous, but rather to mercilessly take shots at what has become of our '"beloved"' metal scene.

That word beloved there is so sarcastic, it needed 3 quotation marks instead of the standard double.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Eric, I must mention that the point of this thread is not to make anyone jealous, but rather to mercilessly take shots at what has become of our '"beloved"' metal scene.

That word beloved there is so sarcastic, it needed 3 quotation marks instead of the standard double.
And I wholeheartedly agree. For those of you who weren't there at this yr's Milwaukee, it was almost ludicrous; the lineup didn't draw but about half the people that were there last year, the vendors didn't sell much, and the overall atmosphere was just rather sickly. All that ON TOP of the usual Milwaukee fest things you've pointed out here (and very well, at that lol!).

Naw, man, I'm REALLY happy that you guys got asked to participate in such a killer show- it's good to know that some great promoters recognized your talents! It's also really nice to see that there are promoters out there who are sincerely interested in catering to the bands and creating an atmosphere that is beneficial for both the artist and the concert goer. I'm seriously in awe of the whole Progwest thing, especially after the things you mentioned here. All I can say is "GUH!"

Originally posted by chupe666
OMG they asked you guys too? They ended up using our stuff since it was already tuned close to what they needed and they said they played explorers anyway. But they asked us AFTER our set- did they really take up your setup time for that crap?!? That's insane.

I won't tell the story in its entirety right now Eric as it is long and involves fake accents but I'll just give you a quote from my talk with Amon Amarth two seconds before we had to set-up, aka while you guys were finishing up, kicking ass, and taking names on the main stage.

Amon Amarth guy: What gauge strings do you use?

GregMOTW: I use 9's on my guitars but Josh uses 10's.

Amon Amarth guy: We tune down to B

GregMOTW: Well my seven string is tuned to B already.

Amon Amarth: I have never used a seven string before and I won't use one now.

GregMOTW(muttering under breath): Thanks for wasting my setup time asshole.

This thread is making me so incredibly moist and fluffy I can hardly believe it. This kind of shit makes all the trouble we're going through worthwhile. I can't wait for this show.

And Mike - don't fuck with the SoCal microbrews until I shove a bottle of San Diego's own Stone Ruination India Pale Ale down your throat. You'll thank me later.

mike t

Man, that's just kind of inconsiderate- I'm sure they were freaking that they didn't have equipment, but they should've been able to dig something up that day without bugging the band getting ready to go on. I didn't know they did that. They were supposed to send us a disc or shirt or something for borrowing ours, but I haven't seen anything in over a year, so... my guitar made Terrorizer. Too bad it wasn't me holding it lol.

Originally posted by Baliset

I won't tell the story in its entirety right now Eric as it is long and involves fake accents but I'll just give you a quote from my talk with Amon Amarth two seconds before we had to set-up, aka while you guys were finishing up, kicking ass, and taking names on the main stage.

Amon Amarth guy: What gauge strings do you use?

GregMOTW: I use 9's on my guitars but Josh uses 10's.

Amon Amarth guy: We tune down to B

GregMOTW: Well my seven string is tuned to B already.

Amon Amarth: I have never used a seven string before and I won't use one now.

GregMOTW(muttering under breath): Thanks for wasting my setup time asshole.

Greg, thats great - they proceeded to manhandle both of my guitars right up until the time we were supposed to start playing. I had JUST plugged into the amp when sam counted off garden song. THEN THEY DIDN' TEVEN USE MY %#$^*( GUITARS. I hate Amon Amarth.

It was a Marshall JCM 2000. *sigh*
YOU'RE KIDDING!! Holy shit, I wouldn't blame you if you never played Milwaukee again. How did that happen? (Not to drudge up bad memories...) Did they just shoo you offstage too quick to get it all?

I should mention that it wouldn't have happened, had MMF been able to accomodate 3 guitarists, instead of just having 2 amps.

actually they did have three amps, but the amps only had two channels so we brought our own. This doesn't change the fact that milwaukee sucks and they should have been able to notice an extra amp head and figure out it was left behind and then be able to help us find it.

I should mention that it wouldn't have happened, had MMF been able to accomodate 3 guitarists, instead of just having 2 amps.
NO shit- it's all the '2 gtr, bass, drums, vox' makeup. Uh, not that our band isn't part of that makeup... but being a festival, they should be ready for anything. I assume they didn't enjoy the keyboard/horns/2+vocalist things as well.
The guys were trying to get me to bring my keyboard this yr just for silent tomorrow, and I was not particularly keen on setting up 2 instruments in the 30seconds you get, so I skipped it. Lugging that fucker around plus my guitar is just stupid.

eh, it was something like that. We did et it off stage, but then had all our stuff in a pile to load. I walked out of the venue to severeal blocks away where my van was parked, brought it back and everyone loaded our stuff. Terran's bari sax fell over an broke, there was a commotion, it was hectic, I was made to leave the loading dock area so more bands could come in and load their stuff, we neglected to load the amp and left it sitting there. So it is our fault, really.

Thing is, the only bands after us were RFW, grey skies fallen, and amon amarth. and I know RFW doesn't have it. It's a fucking expensive amp.