Milwaukee Metalfest

Well, I care a little, since I live in Illinois. It was a no-brainer to attend, being only a 1 hour drive. And as you said, many bands played here for the first time. So, I am still interested in it, assuming it goes on.

Prog Power is great, but don't rule out Chicago Powerfest! Those guys are doing a great job as well, with Morgana Lefay and the US debut of Nocturnal Rites.

Jasonic said:
No doubt there have been some amazing moments. 2002 had Jag Panzer, Vio-Lence, Exodus, Seven Witches. 2003 had Naglfar, Windir, and Enslaved (I am not a huge black metal fan, but it isn't easy to see those bands in the states).

They had a great thing going there. Too bad they could not keep it up.

I think my favorite year was 2000. Anathema, Opeth, Katatonia, Children of Bodom (US debuts by those listed so far!), Destruction, Entombed, Deceased, Hate Eternal, Origin, Cephalic Carnage, Immolation.

1999 was a very good time with In Flames' first US show. I don't remember nearly as many bands though!

ratanda said:
Anathema, Opeth, Katatonia, Children of Bodom (US debuts by those listed so far!), Destruction, Entombed, Deceased, Hate Eternal, Origin, Cephalic Carnage, Immolation.

If that was the lineup for any other festival besides Milwaukee Metalfest, that would be one amazing show!

I still haven't seen Cephalic Carnage live... *cry*

ratanda said:
I think my favorite year was 2000. Anathema, Opeth, Katatonia, Children of Bodom (US debuts by those listed so far!), Destruction, Entombed, Deceased, Hate Eternal, Origin, Cephalic Carnage, Immolation.

1999 was a very good time with In Flames' first US show. I don't remember nearly as many bands though!

I was not there in 2000. I was there in 99 though. I went on the 2nd day where they had both the punk fest and the Milwaukee Metalfest. Cradle of Filth headlined the second day.

Jasonic said:
No doubt there have been some amazing moments. 2002 had Jag Panzer, Vio-Lence, Exodus, Seven Witches. 2003 had Naglfar, Windir, and Enslaved (I am not a huge black metal fan, but it isn't easy to see those bands in the states).

They had a great thing going there. Too bad they could not keep it up.

My last Metalmess was the 2002 show. Too bad I missed Windir at the '03 show.