Mimic Slate Kick with Superior

outbreak525

Jun 15, 2010
Hey guys!
I'm recording a band right now that wants the Emmure kick from Speaker of the Dead. Now to my knowledge Joey used the Slate kick on that album.
My problem is that I don't have Slate (Anymore... I got a virus and had to reformat my computer and since then I wasn't able to get my Slate drums back but that's a whole 'nother problem in its' own)
I am working with Superior Drummer 2.0.

Does anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice to get that kind of Slate sound within superior? Please note that I am not trying to copy the kick exactly, I just want a similar sound.

Thanks again guys I hope I could get some good info on this!

Not really with the stock avatar kicks. They're not my favorite. If you purchased slate drums all legal like then can't you just re-download them?

All legal and I haven't been able to re-download them. I can't figure out how.

And I would assume it'd be possible to do something SIMILAR with the Superior Drums, no?

The Emmure kick.
Not sure 100% which kick Joey uses on it.
But I'm certain it is Steven Slate Drums.

Do you want that or does the band want that? Why wont you explain that it's better to find the best possible kick sound for that specific record? Many bands want to sound like Metallica but that's not the case.

If you try to reach best results like that, you'll shoot yourself into leg. Every album, and in many cases every individual song is their own process. You can't mix with presets. Well... I mean that you shouldn't. Made my point.

If you email them, they'll re up a download for you. My laptop got stolen and they re-upped it for me! :)

Heya man, find out what kick it is and if you doing it in MIDI, send me the kick MIDI track and ill trigger it through SSD for you if you want? Ill make a dry take, a NRG and a S room take for you ;p

Dude i'm pretty sure the guys at Slate would not appreciate you offering to print their samples and give them away to random dudes who may or may not have actually bought them legitimately.

Not saying this dude's lying, but if he bought the slate stuff he needs to hit them up. You shouldn't be distributing their shit.

Dude i'm pretty sure the guys at Slate would not appreciate you offering to print their samples and give them away to random dudes who may or may not have actually bought them legitimately.

Not saying this dude's lying, but if he bought the slate stuff he needs to hit them up. You shouldn't be distributing their shit.

I'm sure what i would be doing is just fine! i paid for the dynamics and multi samples feature of SSD, which is not what he would be getting.

I'm sure what i would be doing is just fine! i paid for the dynamics and multi samples feature of SSD, which is not what he would be getting.

it doesn't matter what you paid for, it's still illegal. i know you're just trying to help out but that's a strange way to view copyright laws.

Yeah but you also paid for the samples you'd be giving away. I know you're just trying to help, but there are plenty of free samples that homeboy can use that sound good. Lasse even just uploaded some free ones for a limited time. He's got resources.

I had all the Waves plugins, ALL legal.. but I lost them due to a virus, lol!
Can't download them again, oh well, these things happen..

If I'd lost SSD, which I own, I'd contact the support..
Who can afford to throw shit like that away? especially since you need it to make money..
If you do own them, the slate support should/could probably help you out.. contact them..

Just find yers a new kick sample. Aptrigga and done. Somehow I don't buy (lolpun!) the "Can't re-download Slate" excuse, and not many here will. Slate's a Cool dude, try pm if you really want ssd back.