Mindflow...

Rider of Theli

The Hellequin
Mar 1, 2004
Hiram, Ga
myspace.com
ok, about 8 months ago, John Cheek - aka Pyramaze51 aka J-Man to his ProgPower family - gave us a clue on a prog-metal band from Brazil named Mindflow.

It's taken me about six of those months to wake up and smell the [proverbial] coffee. Since they were announced as the Texas Madfest co-headliners, I have finally taken a little time to digest some of their music. And I must say that I am quite taken.

When I first started attending ProgPower USA (#2 - the first one held in ATL), I was there more for the power than the prog. But over the years I have learned to embrace some of the more powerful prog metal bands. And I must admit - Mindflow is certainly a powerful prog-metal band.

Any review I could attempt to give them would do them no proper justice. You just have to take time and listen for yourself. The most straightforward way I can describe them is 'Pink Floyd meets Dream Theater meets Adagio'.

Check them out at their MySpace link above. And then let me know what you think about them. I look very forward to seeing them at Texas Madfest in July. :headbang:

The most straightforward way I can describe them is 'Pink Floyd meets Dream Theater meets Adagio'.

And even that doesn't accurately describe their sound, a truly unique and amazing band. If I wasn't a broke 8 year old boy, I'd be at Madfest in a heartbeat for Mindflow alone.

WOOOOHOOOOO all you folks that can, if you want a thrill, please try to make it to MADFEST, we are gonna have an awesome time, a super warm up for ProgPower VIII. So come on down and enjoy some Texas BBQ, and oh yeah there are some great metal bands playing also.

Oh yeah, Mindflow does kick some serious ass! I got a copy of their newer album, Mind over Body off of Lance at ProgPower. I then downloaded a copy of their first album Just the Two of Us... Me and Them from eMusic and I was very impressed with both of these. Mindflow is certainly a band to check out.

Oh yeah, i did get the saying "So come on down and enjoy some Texas BBQ, and oh yeah there are some great metal bands playing also." From Pellaz, the first time he used it I thought it was great so it has become our unoffical TEXAS MADFEST slogan. Thanks Paul

I'm very happy to see Mindflow finally getting some of the recognition they deserve! They are amazing and I am truly honored to have them as a part of Texas Madfest! John, thanks again for securing them for us!

:headbang:

...any further thoughts on Mindflow?

The more I listen to these albums, the more I dig them. And I've always been more of a power/thrash metal fan. But the musical prowess these guys show is nothing short of amazing!

:worship:

MindFlow_Carto_Download_Page_1.jpg

Check here to download their first two releases in their entirety for free! And if anyone knows of
any shows or fests in between July 16th and Aug 14th in the U.S. that Mindflow could be a part
of, please contact me through a PM here or pathfinderhoyt [at] gmail [dot] com. I would greatly
appreciate it, and so would this amazing prog-metal band who are co-headlining the first annual
Texas Madfest on July 14th...

OH MY GOD :OMG::OMG::OMG:

I would have never thought I'd have even the slightest opportunity to see Mindflow here in Cali, PLEASE do whatever it takes to get them a show over here. Please. I beg of you. :'[ :'[

Many thanks to Mindflow and also to Lance King for this opportunity to prove myself as a promoter to the metal fans and bands. Also thanks to John Cheek for having enough faith in me to send Mindflow my way. :cool: And as Lance stated in the Nightmare Records forums - let's work on this together to make for a great summer tour!
  • Bands - let's support our brothers from Brazil!
  • Fans - let's get out to these shows in July and August!
Show the venues that this is what you want in your town: TRUE METAL!!! Show them that you're tired of being force-fed the same ol' screemo 'scene' music. Show the bands that you love their music! You show it each year at ProgPower USA, Powerfest, BARfest, Madfest, Minneapolis Mayhem, and other events across the U.S. This time, let us bring a taste of the Prog/Power flavor to you. Demand this tour in your local venue!

Mindflow is traveling all the way from Brazil to play for you. Don't let them down! :headbang:

Since I live in Houston AND I happen to be filling in on bass for one of the bands (Eternity Black), I will definitely be there to enjoy the 2 day fest! Especially Mindflow!

Between you and Shane I think you guys have been in about 99% of the good texas metal bands. =D

Wow, that's cool that they're coming, but if anyone had told me last year that the only Brazilian band doing a US tour in 2007 would be Mindflow, I'd have told them they were crazy. :lol: