MINISTRY OF METAL - SUNDAYS 9 TO MIDNIGHT (eastern time)

I was about to post complaining about the lack of thrash when you put on some Slayer. Well played, sir. But you do play a little too much black metal. Needs more speed and thrash and power, and possibly also more doom.

Also, it'd be cool if you'd experiment more instead of just doing three songs then talking then three songs. Like, play an entire album (or EP) that you're really digging or promote more local bands or something. Just suggesting.

Request (if you have it, otherwise next week): Omen - Be My Wench

You want all that, get your own show. Stop telling someone else how to run his.

You want all that, get your own show. Stop telling someone else how to run his.

He actually has a point even if I hate to admit it:). There's really no reason to play more than one song per genre/style especially during a show that's only a few hours.

if focusing on something specific why not just call it 'ministry of black metal' or whatever.

You may be an exception but even you had to exclude a genre of metal you don't like. Grindcore has hardcore influences but it's definitely within the metal family. Compare a band like Agoraphobic Nosebleed to a Powerviolence (hardcore subgenre) band like Charles Bronson and I think you'd agree.

You may be an exception but even you had to exclude a genre of metal you don't like. Grindcore has hardcore influences but it's definitely within the metal family. Compare a band like Agoraphobic Nosebleed to a Powerviolence (hardcore subgenre) band like Charles Bronson and I think you'd agree.

I haven't heard enough grindcore but it depends on the band sometimes.A band like Carcass who is the only grindcore band I like is metal but something like Anal Cunt is more noisecore or something.

So I guess the question is should the purpose be to expose people to moderately new things they have a high probablity of enjoying (by playing all sorts of metal, or at least a decent variety) or to give them stuff they already know?

That's Zeph's choice, obviously. Anyhow, I humbly request Omen - Be My Wench.

i think people who say they "like every genre" are spreading themselves too thinly and are thus not as impressive as those with more focused tastes.

i dislike most black metal, but if someone mainly listened to just that, i would consider him more credible than someone who switched between Candlemass, Iron Maiden, Within Temptation and Wormed.

you could be sure that if i had a radio show, you would hear 80% death metal with a smattering of deathcore (fuck you), grindcore (yes it rules) and thrash metal.

So I guess the question is should the purpose be to expose people to moderately new things they have a high probablity of enjoying (by playing all sorts of metal, or at least a decent variety) or to give them stuff they already know?

That's Zeph's choice, obviously. Anyhow, I humbly request Omen - Be My Wench.

I was gonna request some Omen, but Death Rider instead.

i think people who say they "like every genre" are spreading themselves too thinly and are thus not as impressive as those with more focused tastes.
Impressive?

Anyhow, pretending you didn't say that, someone can have a deep knowledge of multiple genres.

i dislike most black metal, but if someone mainly listened to just that, i would consider him more credible than someone who switched between Candlemass, Iron Maiden, Within Temptation and Wormed.
Credible?

This post seems to indicate that you're an idiot with a very shallow understanding of metal. I don't think that's the case, but you might want to examine what you're saying.

ah whatever, i meant what i said and cba to reword it.

anyways, id like to change my request because i listen to that song almost everyday.. lol.

so, still wanting to hear more DM in the show, but something im not too familiar with, please play your favorite song off Graves of the Archangels.

It's cool that somebody here has a radio show. The picture in the first post makes me guess that you are sponsored by your university. That's cool.

If I might, I have a request for you. "Remember Tomorrow" by Iron Maiden. I'll listen today if you play it. :)