"Misery's crown" video filmed

Zach.Zhang

Aug 15, 2008
Beijing, China
http://www.darktranquillity.com/realindex.html
mc.jpg

Some updates of an audiovisual nature: We just spent the day shooting
a video clip for "Misery's crown" together with director Roger Johansson.
More details will be announced in the near future.

In the meantime, some photos from the recordings can be found here.

http://www.darktranquillity.com/media/mcvid.html

Can't wait to see it. :)

Sometimes I wish darktranquillity.com had an RSS-feed like niklassundin.com, but I guess the chances of the webmaster reading this is really low, I guess. ;)

Ontopic:
Seems like they have found someone they get along with really well. The video should turn out quite nicely.

Myspacesite of the director with some of his clips:
http://www.myspace.com/roggodirector

looks really nice, as always... but to be honest i think its time for something different after lost to apathy and the two videos of fiction, they are simply to plain and boring in my taste. I would rather prefer something in style with monochromatic stains, ie not just the band playing, no mather how good it looks, in the end it just doesnt reach up to the same level as the music. Now, i dont know anything about making videos, but i suppose making more of a short movie than a standard musicmovie requiers more time and money but i still hope that more efforts will be made til the next album to come up with something truly interesting on the video front

Ah I just saw it, I must admit I'm disappointed. I guess it has to do something with waiting so long, I was really expecting an excellent video. It's OK I guess, some shots are nice and in general the video is quite dynamic. I wonder what happened because DT used to make excellent videos, with lots of stuff going on, very artistic in a way, with deep stuff that would make you think about life etc. etc., as in Monochromatic Stains or Hedon.

I know that the band has changes its style to a more commercial one, but IMO it's still excellent, creating the basis for more styles and bands to come. But the videos have become quite bland, just the band playing and basically nothing else. It'd be nice to have, how can I put it, more stuff going on.

I had to pause and un-pause it at least ten times. Bloody thing seemed to go on forever.
After the first minute, i started wondering if i would really miss anything should i stop watching. After the second one, i started looking for a razor.

Oh well, it still looks good. Here's hope that the next one will be much more creative and thought-provoking. :kickass:

I had to pause and un-pause it at least ten times. Bloody thing seemed to go on forever.
After the first minute, i started wondering if i would really miss anything should i stop watching. After the second one, i started looking for a razor.

Oh well, it still looks good. Here's hope that the next one will be much more creative and thought-provoking. :kickass:

Hehe I thought my comments were harsh :p . But yeah, big disappointment I say.

Don't know why you guys don't like the video seriously ^^
I thought it great, It doesn't need to be some fancy acting videos..The band playing is enough for me.

Don't know why you guys don't like the video seriously ^^
I thought it great, It doesn't need to be some fancy acting videos..The band playing is enough for me.

It's probably because we've seen more than a few videos of the band playing and were expecting something else this time. For such an innovative band their last couple of videos (except perhaps the Lego-Terminus) have been very simplistic in concept, if not in visual design.

Sure, the split screen and monochrome style are nice touches, just like the changing camera-angle of Focus Shift or the cool background elements of Lost to Apathy were, but apart from that, there's very little interesting in this video. I wonder if this was meant for TV-broadcasting and casual audiences? It's probably the most TV-friendly song from the band since Projector, so I suppose the video could've been made to catch the attention of new audiences, rather than to entertain us old farts.

Hopefully their next video will be something completely different. I recall I criticized the Monochromatic Stains video for being "too artsy" or something like that - now I realize it's the one DT video I can watch again and again without getting bored. Perhaps DT should try to get that same Greek guy (Narcoloth or something here on UM) to do their next video.

-Villain

I think u have to keep the purpose of the video in mind as some people have mentioned here...ive gotten the impression that it is nothing more than a promovideo for the band and the album, and as such its a decent one. But as a musicvideo...not good enough for DT. Also keeping in my mind it was released waaaay after the album, it obviously didnt have top priority, so in one sense i actually think the focus shift video is more disapointing even though being slightly better than miserys. This also makes me wonder how the first one looked considering that it was dismissed due to poor quality as i recall it??

i think the video is just that one thing the band intends to tide the masses over until the release of the new album..its like..now that they've released this new video...they can wait longer to release another NEW thing