Misheard Lyrics?

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
Listening to Sonata Arctica's For The Sake Of Revenge. I always have to laugh at the first verse of The Cage. I swear, if I didn't know the lyrics, I would be afraid of this song.

It sounds like this to me:

A lifetime ago, frozen nightmare, close the door
Suddenly I realized what ropes are for, vodka still
and many more (cries are heard)
Left in a stare
In the scent of underwear.
Trapped. My home, my lair.
It might be herpies, herpies.

It's really only the live version where I hear the majority of these lyrics. He has a tendency to drop words to breath during these fast songs. Still a hell of a show. Sucks that the Hartford show was canceled during their US tour as I was going to attend that as well after having seen them in Mass earlier in the tour.

Anyone else have any songs that they always hear strange lyrics out of? I know the Wishmaster video was posted recently.

The opening lines to 'Wolf and Raven,' also by Sonata Arctica give me a good laugh. I always hear "I see the wizard master taking a pee."

Ok, I don't care what ANYONE says, Stratovairus, "Fight" there is no way Timo is singing "Big stones on my back". I'm know it's not "Pigs get off on crack." but that's what I hear. :lol:

edit: And, oh btw, the lyics in my booklet have the phrase as "Pictures on my back". Misprint?

On the new In Flames, there's a line in one of the songs where Anders sings: "It's in my hands." It sounds like he's saying "It's in my ass."

kellsco said:
Dream Theater's Metropolis Part I goes "Death is the first dance eternal......"

many thought James was singing... Death is the first dancing turtle.

Not only is that the likely winner in the prog-metal category, narrowly beating out "Let my walrus fall away" from Superior, but I think DT have themselves acknowledged the dancing turtle. There was a graphic on-screen during one of their tours that looked a lot like a dancing turtle. :heh:

Elvenking's Regality Dance

Actual Lyrics:

Bienvenu Mesdames et Messieurs
To the Danse Paien
Please come in and hurry up or
You will miss your turn

What I hear:

Giving you a Government twist
Do a dance by Aydan!
Just a minuite of your thought
You will miss your turn

Pellaz said:
Not only is that the likely winner in the prog-metal category, narrowly beating out "Let my walrus fall away" from Superior, but I think DT have themselves acknowledged the dancing turtle. There was a graphic on-screen during one of their tours that looked a lot like a dancing turtle. :heh:
Let me show you my geekiness......:lol:

Front of shirt....

dancing%20turtles%20front.JPG

Back of shirt....

dancing%20turtles%20back.JPG

edit:.....I just went to the old dancing turtles web page.....NOT the same page anymore as it was years ago......!!

Circus Maximus - Alive:

"We will struggle towards this together:"

Sounds like

"We will swallow two horses together"

Symphony X - Fallen:

"I will offer you no soul"; Sounds like - "I will offer you no slaw".... "There's no force greater"; sounds like - "There's no forth grader"

Mercenary - Obscure Indiscretion

Around 4:06 in the song, I think they say "We have no direction" and all I can hear them say is "We have no erection"

Speaking of Mercenary...I played "11 Dreams" for a coworker, and at the beginning where the lyrics are "The answer lies deep in you," he asked, "Did he just say: The asshole lies deep in you??"

:lol:

...I've never been able to hear it differently since then.

In a song by Adagio (can't remember which one) the lyrics go "Such is my curse!" and I can swear to all gods he says "Sucking my nuts!" lol

"There's a time to live and a time to die when it's time to meet Jamaica"

Let see if anybody figures this out... :lol:

Clue: Iron Maiden track

Pabla said:
"There's a time to live and a time to die when it's time to meet Jamaica"

Let see if anybody figures this out... :lol:

Clue: Iron Maiden track

"it's time to meet your maker"...I know it's from Seventh Son =p...would have to give it a few minutes in my head to figure it out.