Misleading Sticker on TGE?

cmwolfe

Apr 7, 2007
Hey all, I'm new here. I was just wondering something... I recently got This Godless Endeavor, which is an absolutely phenomenal album. I love this album, but I can't help feeling a little ripped off. When I was at the music store, I was deciding between this album and another album I really wanted (can't remember which one it was anymore, haha) but I chose this one because of an enticing sticker on the wrapping that said "Full Length Movie!" I wasn't sure what this meant but I noticed on the back of the CD that it was Enhanced, so I thought maybe there was some kind of conceptual movie based on the album included or something. Anyway, it turns out that the enhanced section was just a bunch of wallpaper and AIM icons, so even though the album itself is awesome, I can't help feeling ripped off.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Oh, by the way, :worship: NEVERMORE :headbang:

Nothing I ever heard of. If I had to guess, it was a trap. Probably set by the store. When I bought TGE, it didn't have anything like that on it.

Oh, btw, you might want to look at the thread "something you might want to think about" so what happened to the last guy doesn't happen to you.

Wasn't on the wrapping of mine.

I hope it was overpriced so you may suffer even more for your decision to buy an album based on a "full length movie" sticker.

Complain to Century Media about it, not Nevermore.

In any case, a full length movie wasn't my deciding factor in purchasing that album.

You may have a point, but I can't understand why.

Why they would need to put a trap on a critically acclaimed album like that is beyond me. They should've reserved it for the new Hilary Duff album :puke:

RedKef: Not sure how that applies to me, but an interesting read nonetheless

Kellan: I haven't emailed the band members yet, but thanks for the tip, I clicked "cancel" on my strongly worded complaint to Jeff Loomis :p

EricT: It was overpriced, but no more overpriced than any new album at FYE

Actually, if you asked any old joe on the street he wouldn't know who nevermore is. Critically acclaimed maybe, but I think those critics are on websites like metal temple. At any rate, You either love or hate nevermore. I've never met someone who was in between. So someone's either going to buy it or not, unlesss they don't know who it is.

I live in a boring little farming village near Reading, PA. Now that you asked, I think I might go fill out my profile. Hopefully this forum will fill my need to express my completely insignificant opinions to the world since the Dream Theater forum apparently went byebye.

Oh man, you purchase from FYE? I'd highly suggest switching to online purchasing if thats the only place you have around. I went into our FYE the other day and saw nothing but an ocean of high prices.

Well, to be honest, sometimes I'm willing to put up with high prices for the joy of walking into the store with no clue what CD I want, browsing the "Heavy Metal" section, and picking out a CD I heard good things about but wouldn't have thought to buy unless I saw it there. But I HAVE decided recently that this just isn't worth it and I will begin purchasing used from Amazon or other similar sites. Do you have any websites that you would recommend?

I have to purchase from fye. I don't have a credit card. I have a bank account, but I've decided that credit cards will be the downfall of the united states and when everything crashes because of it, I'll live like a king.

Hey all, I'm new here. I was just wondering something... I recently got This Godless Endeavor, which is an absolutely phenomenal album. I love this album, but I can't help feeling a little ripped off. When I was at the music store, I was deciding between this album and another album I really wanted (can't remember which one it was anymore, haha) but I chose this one because of an enticing sticker on the wrapping that said "Full Length Movie!" I wasn't sure what this meant but I noticed on the back of the CD that it was Enhanced, so I thought maybe there was some kind of conceptual movie based on the album included or something. Anyway, it turns out that the enhanced section was just a bunch of wallpaper and AIM icons, so even though the album itself is awesome, I can't help feeling ripped off.

Can anyone shed some light on this?
waaahmbulance.jpg