mister nordberg: which bass do you use with satyricon?

Phoncible

Aug 27, 2006
yeah, my girlfriend saw you at hits, and she told me you used the same bass as me, moses starhawk. just curious if it is correct..? love it :kickass:

Hi. I've used many different basses with Satyricon over the years. At hits this weekend I used my fretted Ibanez Gary Willis signature. I've never played a Moses Starhawk - how do you like it?

Aha, its a really cool bass, i like the graphite neck alot. I figured it might be right since they've been making parts for Steinberger and you've been playing those.

I have actually been looking a bit into the fretless gwb, but havent found anywhere to actually try one. Do you know if any of the shops in Oslo carry them?

hey lars...lets trade basses...i have customize a BRiCE 6 strings bass with active EMG DC & J pickups ...i believe you use EMG pickups...
or do you put your steinberger bass the one u use in SA.for sale??
those basses are relyc...
hey lars why havent you reply my mails?

how things going?

lars can you tell me about pickups? that you prefer?
what your opinion about the pickups that music man bass use?
cheers and greeting
-iAn
peace

Hi iAn,
thought I´d answered them all. Anyways - my Steinberger is not for sale.

A quick note for you all; I´m on tour with Satyricon, so I'll not be able to visit this site very often. That's just the way it is. The good thing, though, is that Steinar and I the next half year will be visiting a town near many of you. Over the years we have met many spiral fans this way, and that is always a treat.

lars k norberg said:
Hi iAn,
thought I´d answered them all. Anyways - my Steinberger is not for sale.

A quick note for you all; I´m on tour with Satyricon, so I'll not be able to visit this site very often. That's just the way it is. The good thing, though, is that Steinar and I the next half year will be visiting a town near many of you. Over the years we have met many spiral fans this way, and that is always a treat.

hey lars thanks for the reply...
your sound in satyricon is very diferent ...much low end...
ok about the bass ...well is it active? or does it uses battery?

good luck!! on the tour!!
you fan from puerto rico ''the caribbean'' cheers lars thanks:headbang:
iAn

Damien-X said:
All active basses use batteries ;)
the thing is that there some passive basses with battery compartment...
i`ve seen hohner headless basses with passive pickups and no active EQ, and its need a battery ,thats what i was trying to figure out with lars norberg.

i was watching VH1 rock docs!!

and there documentary on norway band : is that almost 78% are satanic bands, and they show a classic church that was burn out, and the vikings memorial .. with 3 big swords... did anyone saw it?

iAn ying yang said:
the thing is that there some passive basses with battery compartment...
i`ve seen hohner headless basses with passive pickups and no active EQ, and its need a battery ,thats what i was trying to figure out with lars norberg.

i was watching VH1 rock docs!!

and there documentary on norway band : is that almost 78% are satanic bands, and they show a classic church that was burn out, and the vikings memorial .. with 3 big swords... did anyone saw it?

I think it was 78% of the people in Norway are christian orthodox or something? But,Yeah I saw it, very interesting. The guy who did all those interviews did a great job!

I think it was Christianity that killed off the Vikings.. so that might explain some of the rel. affiliation.

iAn ying yang said:
i wonder who sponsered that guy for the plane tickets .... or maybe he is a big spender!!!
and yeah hard good job he did... endeed

He did all the interviews for VH1 so I would imagine that they paid for everything.

Satyricon came to Australia just recently, were you (Lars) or Steinar part of that tour with them? Even though I don't really enjoy Satyricon, I probably would've come just to see you guys, but it's over now anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter... I would be interested to know though, if you guys had been to Australia...

Satyricon came to Australia just recently, were you (Lars) or Steinar part of that tour with them? Even though I don't really enjoy Satyricon, I probably would've come just to see you guys, but it's over now anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter... I would be interested to know though, if you guys had been to Australia...

We were indeed recently in Australia; very nice I must say. Leaving for Japan on Sunday.